Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Sponsor<br>Mossy Oak Properties
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bagged my first predator about an hour and half before watching the Razorbacks. Got off from work with time to make one stand. About 7 mins into my calling, here he came. I heard him trotting through the thicket trying to get down wind. I hit my fox pro for just a couple seconds and it pulled him right out at 75 yards. Woofed him to a stop and boom, hit the ground.

I will admit this was my 9th try since the new year. Meaning 9 calling locations, I typically try to get in at least two if not three when I hunt. I think what made this time a success was the short calling time. Called for a minute or two vs letting it run continuously for 5-8min. Shut up for a few minutes and call again for another minute. Im hunting very thick cover, lucky to see more than 150yards in some spots.

I think Im learning a bit but no where near a pro. Any advice would be appreciated. My goal is 3 coyotes for every deer killed this year, 11 to go.

·
Forum Sponsor<br>Mossy Oak Properties
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Gun is a Howa 308 Cal. 24 inch heavy barrel, 1/10 twist. Scope is Falcon Optics first focal plane, 4-14X44 mil/mil line. Very acurate, 1 inch group at 200 yds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.