Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has been going a few times and I have been wanting to try it since I moved up here to the edge of the flatlands. He went with some of his buddies yesterday and between 3 of them, they killed 5. We went out this morning and had a couple blown stalks and then we found a flock up tight against a big irrigation ditch. We walked down the ditch a little over a quarter mile and then popped up and hammered down. We got 22. I thought that was pretty decent for my first attempt.

1622766_833879246627342_1282975857_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if they are fit to eat or not. We breasted them all out and I have a pan of breasts soaking in salt water right now. I will probably be able to tell you tomorrow if they are any good or not.

·
Super Moderator
13,140 Posts
I just can't imagine someone not liking snow goose. Batter and fry and enjoy some fine eating. Personally, I'd rather eat snow goose than deer. The deer gets hunt between my teeth too bad.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The verdict is in...and...they ARE fit to eat! I just smoked a couple sets of breasts along with some back up deer meat just to make sure we didn't go hungry in case the goose didn't turn out good.

0303141608.jpg

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts