Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we’re about to have the first 3 weeks of bow season behind us. For me it’s been pitiful. I’ve been watching the contests going on here and it’s nothing to write home about either. I know it’s about to pick up but I haven’t seen anything like it.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Ive been out 3 times. Skunked, saw 2 does, skunked.
Pm pm am
I sat 2 of those and slipped around one.
Cooler weather is on the way and that is what I need to scout mid day. The game really dont start till the lows are below 55F for me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m lucky enough to hunt on family ground and I refer to it as my ZOO. Been out 4 times. Seen zero. Hopefully all hell will break loose in next 10 days.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I screwed up last year when I muzzleloaded last year. They stayed in the woods eating acorns. I was on the powerline. Sticking to bow in the woods this year.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Absolutely the worst start Ive had, too hot and nothing has just really made me want to go. Ive been a good bit but havent enjoyed myself and find myself ready to leave once I get there... Besides my backyard deer ive seen very few and I just cant get into hunting. Im really looking forward to this weekend, the weather change is lighting my fire a lil.

·
Registered
562 Posts
We just don’t have the deer population that was here on my grounds like a few years ago. They keep raising the bag limit and up to 3 does per zone with a rifle! I’m just saying, but I don’t know if it’s the reason or just part of it. It looks like we’re going back to the deer drought like QDM brought us back in the 2000s that was a combination of way over hunting plus a long winter storm. Anyway, I’m hoping something will move in my grounds, but doesn’t look good so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.