Fire stick and sling TV.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Chasegal88, May 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM.

1. Chasegal88

Chasegal88 Well-Known Member

My wife is thinking about ditching the direcr TV and getting the amazon fire stick and sling tv. Just curious who all uses either and what you’re thoughts are. I just told my wife idc what she gets as long as i get my sports channels, outdoors channel, and local news.

2. whetstone

whetstone Well-Known Member Staff Member

I have sling tv and a digital antenna for local. Mostly I like it but we haven't gone through football season yet, so we'll see.

I don't have the fire stick, but a guy at work has the Kodi fire stick and says it's awesome. I'll probably get it eventually. Think he said that he downloaded it as an app. Didn't cost anything. I might be wrong about that part though.

The money you save makes it worth it.

3. dspeakes

dspeakes Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W

I use Roku and Sling. I switch back and forth between orange and blue package depending on what sports season it is. One has all the ESPN and SEC and the other has Fox and NBC Sports on it. I have been on it for over a year and have not had any issues.

Heartland package on Sling gets the outdoor channels ( World Fishing Network, Sportsman's channel, and Outdoor channel ) for $5 per month. It also includes RFD TV and others.

4. Luv2hunt

Luv2hunt Well-Known Member

Don’t use either but have considered trying one of em. I will be interested to see what is said here.

5. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

We cut off cable a couple years ago and went with Netflix, Sling, and Hulu. I ran it through a Apple TV but by the time we payed for internet and all the dang devices and services we weren’t saving that much money and we didn’t have DVR. So when the cable co called us with a lower rate we went back. When the contract was up and they tried to jack us up again we cut them off, this time for good! Now we have Netflix, and Amazon Prime, which I haven’t messed with much yet because we just got. Sling was nice and they were adding channels regularly when we cut it off. I might be interested in renewing.

6. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    The "Kodi Fire stick", is just a fire stick with a downloaded app. It's content is pirated. I would suggest if you do use it, to get a good VPN also, since everything is coming from your internet service, it is easily tracked. Not saying you would get caught, but the possibility is there. I know there are hundreds of thousands people using it. Also make sure you have unlimited data with your internet provider when you start streaming t.v. You could have sticker shock with your next bill.

7. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

I have a firstick and cable, but 90% of the time I use the firstick. Down fall is always having to update it.

8. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

Sling is great just takes a lot of internet to run smooth

9. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I have Amazon Firestick with Netflix, Hulu, and a digital antenna. We love it. I love the Amazon Original Movies and Series, as well as, Netflix Originals. Just make sure you have an internet plan with enough data. Most people don't realize that your internet account, just like your cell phone, comes with a set amount of data. I've got Suddenlink internet with unlimited data.

Festus likes this.
  10. Chasegal88

Chasegal88 Well-Known Member

We have Uverse internet and unlimited data.

11. Biggars

Biggars Well-Known Member

I went to basic uverse cable for about 17 dols a month plus roku for netflix, amazon prime, etc.
    I want to say our cable bill had jumped up to about $140 at the time so rather than cut it off entirely and go with antenna for locals i went this way. Probably could shave a little more off of it if we needed to but 17 dols for cable clear local channels isnt killing us. We get a few others too but not worth watching most of the time.