Fiocchi opening ammunition plant near Little Rock

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Mr. Chitlin, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    That’s exactly my thoughts as well, the production foot print is already in place. All they would need to do is change the Name and bring in their materials.

sparkie and Ange like this.
  2. Hogbreath

Hogbreath Well-Known Member

I hope they start making the Fiocchi Core Lokts....deadliest mushroom in the woods.

sparkie and Ange like this.

3. quackmaster

quackmaster Well-Known Member

Fiocchi isn't moving into the Remington building. I don't see us going anywhere.

sparkie, Ange, M1Tommy and 1 other person like this.
  4. lawson6565

lawson6565 Well-Known Member

60 years ago, i was buyinh fiocchi 16 ga shell for $1.25 a box to rabit hunt with. they were a paper hull and never had any problem in my sweet 16;

sparkie likes this.
  5. Ange

Ange Well-Known Member

I wish an AR company would buy Remington and move all of it here. The deal Huntsville made with Big Green was not realistic. Slim the company down, use ammo as the anchor and make the best bolt action and pump shoguns in the world.

Quack addict and Biggars like this.
  6. rmcmurry

rmcmurry Well-Known Member

I have never shot Fiocchi, but at a store yesterday they had Fiocchi .22, 50 round boxes at $11 a box, and Hornady .22 at $5.55 a box. I got the Hornady. But I had limited funds.

sparkie likes this.
  7. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Never seen that price for Fiocchi, except 22 mag

sparkie likes this.
  8. Quack addict

Eudora,MS
    I didn’t either when they shut us down, hope they don’t and I’m all for (2) ammunition facility’s over just 1. However, there’s a reason Chapter 11 was filed even though it’s just debt reconsolidating. It’s still blood in the water, if your production you’ll be fine, upper management would probably change.

Not preaching gloom and doom and hope for the best with both facility’s, it’s just business and nothing personal. If you look at it from that perspective it’s a great opportunity for Fiocchi to buy out and remove a competitor. Foot print is already set and it’s more cost effective not to have to start new. Keep the hourly work force which is experienced and can keep production up to speed.

Again, just information to keep an eye on and it doesn’t mean hit the panic button.

sparkie likes this.
  9. Quack addict

Eudora,MS
    What......you sure they wasn’t in the wrong spot?

sparkie likes this.
  10. Quack addict

Eudora,MS
    Go back to the basics and what your good at, bring back the “ Old” 870’s and the real 700’s.

11. rmcmurry

rmcmurry Well-Known Member

Well the box said Fiocchi Super 300. I asked a man behind the counter if it was .22 since the box didn't say, and I had never bought Fiocchi before. He opened the box and said yep that's what it is! Price is what was on the box. However I was at Simmons sporting goods in Bastrop. Isn't there a SIG ammo plant in Arkansas also?

12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Jacksonville.

13. bernie

bernie Well-Known Member

To summarize, the following are here or are coming:

Ammunition-
    Remington - Lonoke
    Sig - Jacksonville
    Fiocchi - Little Rock

Firearms-
    CZ - Little Rock
    Walther - Fort Smith

If I have missed something let me know. I did not put Nighthawk or Wilson in there because I consider them semi-custom, but they should probably be on the list as well.

Biggars likes this.