Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first bow kill on Saturday morn, and it couldn't have been more perfect. There's a little trail that runs right toward my stand until it gets to about 20 yards in front of me and then it turns to run right across my face. Every morning i sit in my stand and think of how perfect it would be if a deer walked that trail and slowed down behind the big pine tree to let me draw my bow undected, and then walk out and stand broadside to give me a shot. And, i can't believe it, but it actually happened just like that. He stopped behind that pine tree for about 5 secs, and then proceeded out into the open, giving me a perfect shot at his ribs. I let the arrow go and heard that beautiful sound of shattering bone. he ran about 35-40 yds and crashed. I still can't get over the excitement. I did everything i could to stay in my stand for 30 mins. i even called my wife and made her talk to me for about a half hour just to keep me from running down there too early. there was a good news/bad news situation though. The bad news - after i finally got to him i noticed that he was all messed up, his left main beam was broke in half and a point on his right was snapped off, he had a big scar on his face and his right eye was poked out. the good news - there is something out there bigger than him that did that to him. Time to get out the old rattle bag! (i'll have pictures soon)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.