Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year bowhunting and I must say it has been eventful. I missed a small buck opening morning and followed up with a poor shot that wounded a deer that I recently saw on the property getting around just fine. I had another encounter with a buck that I hit bout found minimal blood as well my bowhunting career was looking pretty slim. Last week before our zoned muzzleloader hunt I climbed into my Ameristep fixed position stand and was there all of 45 minutes when I saw a red fox coming my way I had seen a pair before but couldn't get drawn so I said to myself if i can stand up its gametime sure enough i got stood up and was able to draw she stopped 20 yards away near a peanut butter lick I had set out and I stuck her right there. I was shocked at myself but glad at the sametime it wasn't what I was after but just making a good shot was reward enough for me and by it being my first bow kill its definitely going on the wall!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Some people dont realize how mean and nasty foxes can be. I have seen them scare away deer. One of the worst things I ever seen was a fox find a bed of baby rabbits while I was on stand. The dang thing laid on the baby rabbits and ate them one by one. I tried yelling to stop it but couldnt get an arrow through some thick stuff. It sucked.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts