Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying hard for hte last 8 years to kill a goldeneye. And today it happened. hadnt even planned on duck huntin. My plan was to deer hunt but the wind was wrong and i just didnt feel like going, so i decided Duck Wildlife biologist Hunting wood duck Burmese python
duck hunt. And this is what i got!

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hunting minnow ponds, i could hear the distinct whistle of his wings coming across the pond. When i saw him, i knew he was too high and too far, but i got the skybust mentality since it might be my only chance, on the second shot, i knew i broke a wing, he hit hte pond and the chase was on. I sat for a minute and tried to finish him off but he was too far, then disapeered. Me and my dog walked around the pond, she flushed a bird out of the grass but i didnt see it, it came up 40 yards out but wasnt up even a second, then it popped its head up then went back down, i shot the water, then it popped just a little bit of its head back up and i finished him off. Then i started fist pumping. im sure the guy ont eh pond next to me was confused why i was so excited about a duck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.