Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wait was worth it. I finally got my first Merriam back from the taxi and this guy did a wonderful job. He's on his permanent roost for me to stare at.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is the real head. It's freeze dried. Thanks glad ya'll like it.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jason sold his shop here in Searcy and the guy that was running it was the one that died. Jason has been working out of his home ever since he left Searcy. He lives in Bradford and you can pick up one of his cards at Ultimate Outdoors. This bird did have two very nice beards. One was 9 inches and the other was 9 1/4. I'll probably never top that in any other Merriam.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
First let me say great looking mount. Also that bird has two beards that are way thicker than any beard I have seen on a Merriams. Most of the ones I have seen or killed have had pencil thin beards, three of them would not be as thick as one of those. Not to mention that even the boss toms myself and my family, who still live and hunt in Colorado, have killed one with that good of spurs. I have seen them on video from Nebraska that did but it just don't happen where I am from in Co.

Where did you kill that tom? And congrats on a fine trophy.

Boom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts