Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, as I mentioned earlier, this morning I was going down the check the chickens and a stinkin coyote was out in the pasture in broad daylight. He wasnt 50 yards from my house and was living large. He had zero respect for me, heck, he didnt give me a second glance. Just went on about his business like he owned the place. Well, he kinda caught me off guard so I pulled my 380 out of my belt and proceeded to light his butt up. I didnt cut a hair. Im almost certain he is the prick who has been tormenting my dogs every night. This is a sore spot with me, because aint nothing I hate worse than listening to a dog bark while Im trying to sleep.

Fast forward to this afternoon. At this point Im still mad over this mornings happenings, so I grab my rifle and call and head out behind my house. Ive lived here for many years and I know where the coyotes stay. I was hell bent on putting a end to this non sense once and for all. I set up on my first stand and played one howl sequence and just sit there. Ive not messed with these coyotes in a few years, so I knew they were gonna be easy pickens. At the 3 minute mark the black coyote came waltzing in. He made it to around 100 yards and stood there looking around. Mistake! I played a few more vocals and then went to another howl. The second coyote came a little further back than the first and I folded him as well. A little different ball game when I got a rifle you jerks!

Plant Grass Groundcover Terrestrial animal Snout

I hate even numbers so I went ahead and kilt this one too. Im almost positive this is the one I shot at this morning. It was plum dark by the time I got the third one loaded and drove back to the other 2. These are the nicest coyotes Ive killed in a long time. These coyotes are furred up nice already.

Grass Grassland Galliformes Soil Poultry

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good shoot'n!! Is that your 22-250?
Thats my tried and true coyote rifle. First gun I ever bought with no other purpose than to kill coyotes. I went as light a possible. Even with the 30mm tube on the scope it is just over 7 pounds. Ive carried it for years and not once have I had to re zero the scope. It has caused the untimely death of many a coyote.

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done! I'm wanting to shoot a fluffy one I've had on camera. Thankfully not close to the house.
I almost took these home with me. I love pelts hanging on the wall, but then I thought about all the work, and kicked em in the weeds. ;)

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well, did you sleep good or do you have more work to do?
I heard Curley bark a couple times, but not all the dogs going crazy like before. It had gotten really bad. The coyotes would bark back at the dogs just to torment them. They would have an all out barkathon all night long. All right outside my bedroom window! My wife was all like, you go all over the country to kill coyotes but cant kill the ones at your house? Or, too bad we dont know someone that could come kills these things. I took the cream off the top last night. The rest will not be as easy as those 3 were.

·
Registered
39,406 Posts
I heard Curley bark a couple times, but not all the dogs going crazy like before. It had gotten really bad. The coyotes would bark back at the dogs just to torment them. They would have an all out barkathon all night long. All right outside my bedroom window! My wife was all like, you go all over the country to kill coyotes but cant kill the ones at your house? Or, too bad we dont know someone that could come kills these things. I took the cream off the top last night. The rest will not be as easy is those 3 were.
Oh man I hate it when the wife does that crap.

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do people hire you to come take care of coyotes?
I try to stay away from that. I will normally help someone out, but I ain't going to charge for it. It's too much of a crap shoot. Coyotes tend to be fickle, and I cant always get them called in. I never make any bold claims. I just say I'll try my best. Normally, if they ain't already let someone else try first, I can get them killed in pretty short order.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I try to stay away from that. I will normally help someone out, but I ain't going to charge for it. It's too much of a crap shoot. Coyotes tend to be fickle, and I cant always get them called in. I never make any bold claims. I just say I'll try my best. Normally, if they ain't already let someone else try first, I can get them killed in pretty short order.
We have a coyote problem that is so bad apparently a lease near us has started poisoning gut piles, which seems odd. They hired someone to trap hogs but not hunt coyotes. You seem to do a pretty good job though, I just figured you did it for a living.(y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts