Finally.... Back on Line

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Sylamore, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

First priority is to think all for the concern and support while trying to recover from last Tuesdays tornado. It was quite an experience even though it missed my house by about 3/4 mile. One of the first phone calls, I received the next morning was from Pat Gooch checking on us.

Being without electricity for six days was also quite an experience and the difficult part for my family was the care of my elderly mother (87) who has Alzheimer's Disease. We survived with camping equipment for a couple of days and then it become impossible to care for mom properly, so my wife and mother went to Batesville and stayed in a motel for five days.

The electrical service was restored for us at 4:00 P.M. this afternoon.

We got to celebrate our 42nd Wedding Anniversary in a storm cellar. It would have been kind of romantic except three was a crowed and my wife was really scared.

I'll share more with you all later. I just want to say what a great job the first responders did for this community. One lady lost her life in the storm and several were badly hurt. Our prayers are for them. Entergy employees and many others that dropped what they were doing to come here and help deserve our praise. I especially appreciate the support of you guys/gals that called and offered assistance. A big Thanks! to you from my family and the community of Mountain View.

Syl. :thumb:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008

2. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Glad you and family OK. Prayers are with the ones that lost so much. Wish I would have been off work abd home to offer any asst. that I could offer.
    In Baton Rouge on the day of storm and watching on INternet the path of storm and praying holding my breath that it would miss my home which it did.

3. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Glad ya'll made it out okay!!! And sorry for the loss of your neighbor.

Glad to see you back, bro.

4. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    Im glad to hear everything is well.

5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Right on time to get knocked off agin:confused: Welcome back bru!:thumb:kinda got worried bout you!

6. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

Great to see you and your family made it out well, some wern't so lucky.:frown:

7. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Glad you and yours are safe! Sorry for the loss of your neighbor, she will be in our prayers!

Thanks for the kudos though...I stayed south to work, but had a bag packed and was ready to ride north!!! We were just doing what we get paid to do!!!!!

8. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear yall are ok.Sounds like you barely got missed by the real bad stuff

9. Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

That will be one to remember!:biggrin:

Welcome back!

10. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Welcome back...Glad ya made it

11. .270Win

.270Win Well-Known Member

Welcome back Syl, glad you and your family are ok after the storms. :thumb:

.270Win

12. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

I'm so glad your okay Syl. We were all thinking about you and yours. Prayers for your friends and community.

13. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you made it through, Syl.
    My family from MV made it without any damage as well.

14. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

So, rumors of your demise were greatly exaggerated? Good to hear! Gotta love a woman that will spend 42 years with you, then hide in a storm celler with you to celebrate. Glad you're all OK. :thumb:

15. Buba Garrett

Buba Garrett Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

Welcome back and our prayers out to those in need!

16. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back bro....:wink: