Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new permit brochure today, and it states that, for:Duck, goose, and coot-hunters may not enter the hunting area before 4:30a.m.....Does this mean, no leaving the boat ramp, be within the refuge, and/or in the duck hole?
Thanks, BH958

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah after the first couple of bat wrecks they have. I wonder what they will cal the hunt area. Will you be able to put your boat in the water and just stay around the ramp until time?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have seen guys fist fighting in hunting waders on the ramp before, because a guy was taking to long unloading and was blocking the whole ramp. I bunch of those calionites whooped the dog out of him.

I bet the Game Wardens are going to post up on those ramps. If people aren't scattered out they can check EVERYBODY!!!!!!!:mad: Of course I don't do anything wrong, but it always makes me nervous that Iv'e got an extra shell in a pocket or something.

·
Banned
991 Posts
they can't limit horsepower though.... WAY too much fishing etc. down there year round. i just hope nobody gets hurt at the ramp or trying to cut a corner on a deadening to pass someone. it ain't as easy of a rule there as it is in other places, it ain't like other places. what is the "hunting area" going to be, shouldn't they have to clarify that to the public. i am gonna just wait til 5:30 or 6am everyday and really piss people off.

·
Banned
991 Posts
Ok, found out the official federal GW interpretation of "can't enter the
hunting area until 4:30am" .....you can launch a boat but can't leave the river/old river beyond where dry land ends / cut stops which ever the case may be before 4:30.....ex. can't enter bull brake from pine island till 4:30am...can't leave the cut into heabie or open brake till 4:30am. can't leave the woods on dry land if walking in..... there are supposedly going to be GW's at each point the first part of the season at least:eek: we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Now in the case of 4:30 am,...what if you launch your boat from the bank of a creek and not a boat ramp :confused: ?
Based on SB's last post, Reggie wouldn't try it before 4:30 AM. He realizes, of course, that it's totally bogus! The rule is too diffucult to enforce in the refuge because of the area to patrol.

Reggie doesn't want to even imagine the yelling, and cussin' that's going to take place at the mouths of the cuts off the river this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.