Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on duck hunting Felsenthal. I will be in the area visiting my in-laws over Christmas and was thinking about doing some duck hunting. I will not have a boat with me so I will be wading in. What would the best place? I have printed off the map from the U.S. Fish and wildlife service as a guide. Any advice anyone could give would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

·
Banned
991 Posts
there alot of places. any given day one is just about as good as the next. whichever one is closer to you by looking at the map is what i'd try first and see what happens. look around a little and see what you can find. you should be able to see trails dead ended roads, etc... on the map. start there and move on into the woods.:up:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am from North Arkansas and have driven down and hunted Bayou Meto before. Is Felsenthal a similar experience? As in tons of people and peppering you with shot?

Also, are Locust Ridge, Blue Lake Slough, and Jones Lake pretty good spots to wade? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Semorga the places you mentioned Jones Lake and Blue Lake Slough, won't have much if any backwater yet, the water level is around 68 now and it takes almost 70 to flood in that area of the refuge. Locust Ridge, I'm not familar with that area. If I were going to wade in I would look at some areas off of the Pine Island boat ramp rd, you would probably have the best chance to shoot a few in there. The road is just East of the river bridge on HWY 82 East, I believe it's the second rd on your right after you cross the bridge. With you wading in, you probably shouldn't be that crowded, and the hunters are starting to somewhat thin out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts