Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ya'll seen the newest rule for the swamp this year. hunters can't enter the hunting area till 4:30am this year. it'll be a MAD boat race for the first week or so. i just hope nobody gets hurt. there are alot of BIG boats running in there.:smack: i don't know how the fed. boys are going to police the place:head:

·
Registered
16 Posts
where did you see/hear this information? heck we had to put in about 11pm the night before opening day to even get a decent spot. and that was 6 miles in. and still had yahoos coming in on top of us

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, we scout the area starting in sept. and we have a few spots in mind way before opening day. If you don't go out that nite, your chances of getting the spot you want go way down. Besides, what is the purpose for this reg? I understand the shell limit and all that but the time limit makes no sense to me. I mean if I'm stupid/dedicated enough to go out in the swamp at midnight and spend the night out there, what does it matter?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
White River is the same way, they have a big sign on the side of the road "do not pass this point before such and such time, blah blah" I don't pay it no attention bc I'm going for deer, but there is a mile long line every mornin and I jus smile and drive on by.:thumb:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
well, we scout the area starting in sept. and we have a few spots in mind way before opening day. If you don't go out that nite, your chances of getting the spot you want go way down. Besides, what is the purpose for this reg? I understand the shell limit and all that but the time limit makes no sense to me. I mean if I'm stupid/dedicated enough to go out in the swamp at midnight and spend the night out there, what does it matter?
The purpose for this rule is keep crazy people out of the woods at 11:00 at night. It's to keep joe blow from tring to beat everyone to their hole. It's a form of safety to keep people from spending the night in below freezing temps.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
White River is the same way, they have a big sign on the side of the road "do not pass this point before such and such time, blah blah" I don't pay it no attention bc I'm going for deer, but there is a mile long line every mornin and I jus smile and drive on by.:thumb:
Wait a minute. If you're deer hunting, you can motor into the refuge anytime you want and if you're duck hunting you have to sit and wait?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.