Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a treeing feist mates with a rat terrier is it considered a full blood treeing feist or would it have to be called a rat terrier/ treeing feist mix.:head:

·
Registered
848 Posts
A treeing feist can be any dog that is under 18" at the shoulder and under 30 lbs. (Male) A Jack Russel can be registered with NKC as a treeing feist... A treeing cur can be any dog that is over 18" and 30lbs.

Chad

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep, thats the very reason why when I started looking at Feist lines to purchase I chose one which is a designated line and not just a treeing feist. I have seen to many dogs who were registered NKC as Treeing Feist and you could tell they were no more a treeing breed than a man in the moon!! The one that took the cake was an NKC Treeing Feist which also happened to be a Schiperkee!!!:smack::fit:

Rachel

·
Registered
70 Posts
Feist seems to be used as a catch all term for small dogs. Add treeing to feist and it ups the value. There are actual feists that are really good dogs, then there are a bunch of small mutts that people try to brand as treeing feists. As to the schipperke ramill mentioned, definitely not a treeing feist. I've had 2 of them and don't wish to make it a third. They can be good squirrel dogs and tree there share of squirrels. Boy do they have a temper and an attitude. Your rat/feist mix can be called a feist, if it trees squirrels, call it a treeing feist and have fun with it. A good feist can really hunt. I got mine from squirrel hunter on here. I don't know what his stock is out of and really don't care. All I know is her hunting skills are better than mine and she is a ball to take in the woods. Good tempered and good natured, unlike my schipperke.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Feist seems to be used as a catch all term for small dogs. Add treeing to feist and it ups the value. There are actual feists that are really good dogs, then there are a bunch of small mutts that people try to brand as treeing feists. As to the schipperke ramill mentioned, definitely not a treeing feist. I've had 2 of them and don't wish to make it a third. They can be good squirrel dogs and tree there share of squirrels. Boy do they have a temper and an attitude. Your rat/feist mix can be called a feist, if it trees squirrels, call it a treeing feist and have fun with it. A good feist can really hunt. I got mine from squirrel hunter on here. I don't know what his stock is out of and really don't care. All I know is her hunting skills are better than mine and she is a ball to take in the woods. Good tempered and good natured, unlike my schipperke.
my fiests are a line that my family started about 5 years ago. we picked out different males and females from different lines and have started to cross them together to get our own line. I'm glad to hear that your fiest is doing well:up:

luke:thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Squirrel hunter, I got a female pup from you that was born around last October, she's coming on pretty well, has'nt treed her own yet but she is gritty and a quick learner, wish fall squirrel season was next week because she's prime to be in the woods, just ticks are so bad right now around here. whether or not she makes a squirrel dog or not she's family, would'nt part with her for nothing. Thanks for the pup!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have an akc registered feist that i bought in sheridan. She turned out to be the hardest hunting dog that i have ever owned. As far as a feist goes i dont know if all registered feist are the same breed or not. Mine is a black and tan, looks alot like a minature dobbie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.