Favorite Foods Game

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Down on the White, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I do not know about anyone else but I have learned that there is several foods over time so far that I like.

Baked Fish w/lemon and butter.

2. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

I can put a hurtin on some crappie

3. reflex1

reflex1 Well-Known Member

4. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Venison with the works

[​IMG]

5. jerry dean

jerry dean Suspended Permanently

#1 Fried Oysters
    #2 Raw Oysters

6. theridgehunter

theridgehunter Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Crawwwwwfeeeesh!!!!:thumb:

7. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

AMEN BROTHER! My sister and her husband went to eat out last weekend and the restaurant had crawfish. It was $38.95 for all you can eat. :smack: That's a little steep for me, but it's still early. Won't be long and we'll have the pot going.

8. theridgehunter

theridgehunter Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I've always said that if'n I was ever on death row, my last meal would be crawfish. I sure do love em! :thumb:

9. hillbillychaffeehunter

hillbillychaffeehunter Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2012-

10. joedirt

joedirt Well-Known Member

Steak.

Preferrably top sirloin cooked rare to medium rare.

11. bett_lou

Shrimp in butter and garlic sauce with french bread.

12. Trapper

Trapper Well-Known Member

13. fc

fc Well-Known Member

Rib-eye (medium-rare)

14. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

I guess I am simple. It is hard to beat a good grilled hamburger.

15. jerry dean

jerry dean Suspended Permanently

Hey fc,

Rib-eye is my favorite cut of steak also. Alot of people only grill their steaks, but not me.

Here's what I do for a 1 1/2 inch thick rib-eye..... I get a black skillet real hot on top of the stove and cook it on both sides for 1 minute and then turn it back over where the original side that was down is down again & put it into a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes. It's a perfect Medium rare. Then I take the steak out and let it rest on a plate for about 5 minutes. Then I take the steak drippings left in the skillet and throw in about a 1/4 cup of white wine and a touch of flour and make a sauce. Then I take the juices from the plate that the steak has been resting on and add it to my sauce and crank up the heat and let it thicken. It'll be the best "steak sauce" you'll ever put in yo' mouth.

16. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I'd have to say; A) a nice medium rare steak, and B) seafood.

17. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

While Jerry Deans steak sauce suggestion sent me salivating, me and the 'ol lady are pretty simple folk. We crave brown beans and cornbread pretty regular, and occasionally she'll surprise me with a nice pot roast in the crock pot. Battered and deep-fried venison shows up on my plate now and then, and a t-bone on the grill over a bank of hickory coals answers pretty well for victuals, too! :biggrin:

18. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

grilled duck stuffed with jalapenos and pepperjack cheese:biggrin: after seeing jerry deans method with the ribeye, i think i'm gonna try that with some stuffed duck breasts and see how it turns out:thumb:

i also love some sushi:biggrin:

19. bett_lou

UH-LA-LA! YUMM.

20. fish

fish Well-Known Member

HOMEMADE BISCUITS AND SAUSAGE/MILK GRAVY ! Went by my fishing buddy's house this morning and his dear wife had breakfast cooked.:up: :woohoo: :biggrin: