Falcon Reservoir

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Greenhead Jed, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Greenhead Jed

Greenhead Jed Active Member

AR
    Anybody been to Falcon this year or know of anyone who has been?

2. SusieKiller

SusieKiller Well-Known Member

Last I heard no one's been killed so far this year. But it's still early....

3. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Thats not a good place to be these days.

4. 25/06

25/06 Well-Known Member

Where is Falcon?:head:

5. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

South Texas/northern Mexico. Great bass fish'n, lots of big bass. Been some folks robbed on the lake and one guy, on a jet ski, shot and killed last year.

6. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

If you go id fish the northern Texas part of the lake. Also id take a weapon if I were you. Knew a guy that went down there with a truck and boat and was lucky to come back home alive with NOTHING.

7. ISLEEPU

ISLEEPU Well-Known Member

If I went i'd have a couple AR 15's in the rod box and a pistol on my side. Let those stupid :censored: try to rob me!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  8. 25/06

25/06 Well-Known Member

Thanks but NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I remember the dude shot off the jet ski. I just didnt remember the name of the lake. I think I'll stick to my old safe haunts where folks aint gonna shoot at me!:eek:

9. jjarvis0007

People im talking about got held up at gun point and kidnapped for two days until they got some money and gave them their boat and truck. Sent them on their way after that. Have fun and be safe!

10. J. Garrett

J. Garrett Well-Known Member

I went in Feruary, 10. There is a group going again in February this year. We had 4 over 9 lbs., 2 of them over 10lbs. Great trip. I've been the last 3 years. We've never had a problem. I do stay on the US side of the lake. A new lake record was caught yesterday. Guide Tommy Law caught a 15.64. His client caught one 13 lbs. even. Their best five was over 45 lbs.

11. Greenhead Jed

AR
    We are fishing February 7-11. Can't wait.

12. J. Garrett

Our bunch is leaving the 19th of Feb. Maybe you can give us some tips on what you find.

13. Greenhead Jed

AR
    I'd be happy to pass anything we learn along.

14. jjarvis0007

Can you imagine showing up to the scales with a 45# sack!

15. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

Can you imagine not showing up at the scales at all. I'll stick to fishing the mud holes around here

16. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

That's classic!

(Kind of like being run over by a semi in a crosswalk.)

17. bzbrent

bzbrent Well-Known Member

Went the last week of Feb last year, and was down there again in June. Planning on going out the week of Feb. 21st this year. Don't know if I'll get to make the summer trip or not. For size, late Feb is AWESOME. For numbers, early summer can't be beat - plus you can generally count on some giants showing up to the dance as well.

Have a couple of really good friends that guide down there 200 days per year. They've never had a problem. Like most things, if you go looking for trouble (or are somewhere way off "the beaten path"), trouble will genarally find you. Be it Zapada, TX or Little Rock, AR.

-b-

18. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

:fit::fit::fit::fit:

19. J. Garrett

Greenhead Jed, Did you get get my IM?

20. Greenhead Jed

AR
    I did and I appreciate it. I would like to talk to you on the phone sometime. What time would be good to call you?