Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand how the two stroke engines work. The more air/fuel you can put through them and get out of them the faster you will spin them. I've never messed with exhaust and I understand it can be a finicky task. What exactly is being done on say a 25/30 3 cyl Yamaha exhaust?:head:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Mane, just weld a bell on the end of that dude. Slap dem 40 carbs on'er and port her to the gills. Shave that head and deck that lid, pull yer revvy wires and let er bump.

Don't worry your head none about them transfers or any port timing. And heck, I don't care much for exhaust harmonics neither. I'd definitely drill a few holes in that lower unit, though. I mean... you want to sound like you're running fast don't ya?

Be sure to run that Octane Booster 101 when you get done whittling on them cylinder walls.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Mane, just weld a bell on the end of that dude. Slap dem 40 carbs on'er and port her to the gills. Shave that head and deck that lid, pull yer revvy wires and let er bump.

Don't worry your head none about them transfers or any port timing. And heck, I don't care much for exhaust harmonics neither. I'd definitely drill a few holes in that lower unit, though. I mean... you want to sound like you're running fast don't ya?

Be sure to run that Octane Booster 101 when you get done whittling on them cylinder walls.
:clap: Don't fergit to hog out dem main jets nether. Word is dat really makes em run. :fit: And be sure not to tell the tech you have worked on it when things don't work out the way you had planned. Despite what you hear, they absolutely love to scratch their heads and tear it apart to find all those hidden secrets. :smack:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
I figure it's like a surprise... or kinda like testin' to see if they really knows what they say they knows.

All dem damn bo-motor mechanics is crooks anyhow. I mean, it shouldn't take no 2 hrs to break that powerhead off to fix my motor clamp mount and grab handle. If I's going faster in the first place, Ida skipped right over that log.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts