Everybody needs to pray for Sylamore for a fast recovery.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by varmit_master, Dec 31, 2005.

1. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

Please everbody pray for Sylamore to get over the tick fever. He has been in Mtn Veiw Hospital with it all week. I hope god lets him has a fast recovery so he can chase the tree rats around. Sylamore i will keep you in my prayers and hope to see you out and about like your self. VM:thumb:

2. xring

xring Well-Known Member

I didn't know!!! My prayers for a speedy recovery! Thanks for leting us know VM.

xring

3. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Sometimes I wonder why I'm coming back to this site when a lot of the time, I tend to get upset. But times like this make me understand why the Lord led me here in the first place, and that is because I've been through so many of these things myself. First my Paw-in-law nearly died w/tick fever...and no one could figure out what was wrong w/him. I realized that an uncle had got these symptoms a long time ago, and I suggested it to the Doctor, and sure enough he had it. Then a couple years ago, I had to put down m/c riding because my legs began to disfunction....I asked the doc to test me for tick fever, and three days later I was put on the same anti-biotic that the folks that were contaminated w/antrax were given, for 21 days! We all were cured...and...unless Syl is very weak, he should too! Lord, we just thank you for all these folks that are such good friends that they worry, and care about each other, they do that out of love for each other! So we alltogether thank you for the love, and mercy, and grace you have for us, because we know you want us to feel the same for each other. That's how we feel about Sylamore, because he's our brother, our family, and we love him and would like to see him back on here quickly and well, we know that's kinda selfish, but if you can spare him a while, we would surely promise to do well by him!! We know you love him too, and so we just ask that if it be your will, at least let us see him well, and everyone in this Forum-Family have a healthy year to come....in Jesus name. Amen!

4. bwhntr

bwhntr 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest Winner

You're in my prayers Sylamore.............

5. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Prayers sent Sylamore.

6. pointman

pointman Well-Known Member

Get well brother, we are praying for ya!

7. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Good luck and a speedy recovery.

8. Cache

Cache Well-Known Member

Prayers sent Sylamore.

9. Earnhardt fan #1

Earnhardt fan #1 Premium Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winn

Man I sure wish I'd known sooner I was up that way too
    Hope you get up and around soon Sylamore.

10. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the prayers and get well wishes. I was in the hospital for four days and was very sick with tick fever or a tick borne bacterial disease. I will get the exact results of the blood test tomorrow when I go back to the doctor.
    I started getting sick on Sunday morning, (Christmas day) with a severe headache. That progressed to chills and alternating sweats. I went to the doctor Monday morning and he immediately put me in the hospital. By this time I was severely dehydrated and had a high fever. Treatment was with an IV and IV injected medication "doxycycline". The medication has worked but I am as weak as a new born baby.
    You cannot prevent all tick bites, but watch out if you get a tick and see any swelling, rash or red radiating from or around the site of the bite. In my case the bite was even lanced by a doctor about 8-10 weeks before I came down with the fever.
    Tick fever is serious stuff and it can kill. Take care and Thanks again for the concern. :thumb:

11. tony r

tony r Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>Guns, Ammunition, Reloa

glad your doing better & hope you get back to 100% soon. tony

12. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Great news Sylamore, and thanks for the lesson on what to watch for with those ticks!:thumb:

13. jguttery

jguttery Well-Known Member

Sylamore.... my prayers are with ya. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I got home from work and noticed a little spot on my shoulder, didn't think to much about it. Within 12 hours, it had spead to the size of a silver dollar and I started feeling like crap. Went to the ER after work the next morning and it was about 5 inches in diameter. I got all the shots and meds and they sent me home. Tests came back neg for Lyme but they never figured out what it was. I wish you a speedy recovery, take care of yourself, get as much rest as you can. Best wishes and godspeed.

14. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Tick Fever

I got the medical report and blood test results from the doctor this morning. It was positive for Rocky Mtn. Spotted Tick Fever. It took a week to get the test results back, but I have a good doctor and he called it the first day and started the correct treatment. Thank God for a good doctor and especially one that likes to hunt and fish and really knows his stuff. :thumb:

15. I'm sure glad to hear you are doing better. That tick fever business can be rough to say the least. And you are sure right about being thankful for a good doctor. I think my new young doctor is a good one and I like him but I usually run his (or anybody elses) diagnosis by my brother, who is an old veterinarian before I put too much store in it.

16. WW

WW Well-Known Member

Good to hear you're back home and better Sylamore... and glad to see you back on the board!

My daughter had what doctors thought was a tick disease that they never did diagnose and she like to have never got over it. Then a few years later she came down with Lyme disease and I often wonder if her first bout is gonna cause her to be more susceptible to tick diseases. Guess time will tell.

17. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

What'd the bones give ya Syl..?? Better take every one if its antibiotic...I had to take them for 21 days!! Get well and stay well!!~John

18. jguttery

jguttery Well-Known Member

Sounds like ya have a good Doc. Glad to hear yer feeling better. Them little ole ticks sure do know how to mess with a man.

19. Cache

Cache Well-Known Member

Sylamore,

I'm glad to hear you're rebounding back, and especially that your doctor clued in early on it. After the first muzzleloading hunt, I returned home from camp and immediately got sick with a fever, weakness, uncontrollable shaking and sweating. I went to the doctor the next day, and after several tests found I had a form of the West Nile Virus. He explained that they look for two different signatures of West Nile in the lab work, and found one. He said it would have developed fully, but he started me on antibiotics and some other meds. It took about 3 weeks to get back to normal. Got to watch for the ticks and skeeters and get to the doctor early if signs start to show. Glad to hear you're doing better Sylamore.

Cache

20. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

Hi Sylamore glad to see back on here.Take it easly for a while. I glad to see Mtn Veiw Hospital could treat it. And they didnt have to take you to Little Rock. Again i am glad to see that you are doing better . VM:thumb: