Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of this before but never actually seen it. My daughter had killed a grey squirrel that had been cut if you know what I mean. I heard that an old boar squirrel would do this. Ant one ever seen this before. Just wondering

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I've killed probabaly 30 or 40 males squirrels this year and at least 10 of 'em were "cut". I always thought it was the momma squirrel that did that while they were babies when the population was over its carrying capacity...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't know about squirrels but when I was a kid I would trap rabbits in a rabbit gum and put them in a cage. The bucks would fight and more than one got cut by another male. Maybe squirrels do the same. I have seen cut male squirrels quite often and have heard all the tales about how and why.

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
Ok...I'm a little lost :confused: I've never heard any stories like these...very interesting stuff.

I think I know what y'all are talking about but I'm not sure. Can someone please clarify what "cut" means.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Ok...I'm a little lost :confused: I've never heard any stories like these...very interesting stuff.

I think I know what y'all are talking about but I'm not sure. Can someone please clarify what "cut" means.
neutered, castrated, or if that ain't plain enough ''had their family jewels taken '':eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you really want to know :eek:, After the mating season, the testicles of the male squirrels shrink in size from seven grams to one gram and retract their testicles into their abdominal cavity when it's not breeding season so they look like they have been castrated. This is the genesis of the myth that the more aggressive red squirrels castrate the more prolific gray squirrels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.