Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father in Law Ronnie now has.

He went to the dock the other day here on the lake (Indianhead) and his boat was gone. He talked to the neighbor and he hadn't noticed it was missing, but remembered seeing it a few nights ago.

They hopped in his boat (neighbor's) and went searching around the lake because we have been known to have a knot slip, when we've tied it to the dock, and had the wind carry it off.

You ain't gonna believe...if the wind carried the boat off this time, it also tied the boat up to a dock on the other end of the lake! :smack:

Thinking that maybe this person was "holding" the boat and that it actually might have floated off they went and asked the homeowner about how it got there.

And the plot thickens...:eek:

The landowner said that when he came out to his dock the other morning, his boat was gone and Ronnie's boat was in it's place. Ronnie's boat cost $300, is a 12 or 14 footer, dinged-up, old, with a trolling motor, and it was in the spot of this other guys nice, 9.9 horse, flatbottom fishing boat.

They all hopped in the neighbor's and Ronnie's boat and set out on the lake looking for his missing boat...

They found it tied up behind an unoccupied house (under construction) on the other side of the lake.

They called Sherwood's finest, and get this, they actually fingerprinted the boat...ran it through the system, and picked up my in-law's delinquent convict neighbor for jacking up everyone's day. He said he was just "joy-riding" on the lake in other people's boats. :smack:

I think, if he was joy-riding, why didn't he put the boats back where he got them from?

Yeah, he was just "joy-riding"...until he could figure out a way to get that guy's boat out of the water to sell it somewhere.

What a punk. :banghead: "Joy-riding" in other peoples' boats was a violation of ye ol neighbor's probation rules. So he's in trouble for it. Maybe they'll keep him in jail.

So anyways, we got Ronnie's boat back and we're planning on running limb-lines tonight for cats. :thumb: The magic bait tonight, is shrimp. Hopefully I can post pics for yall tomorrow of the night's successful catch.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
never had a boat stolen but had a boat i wish some one would steal . piece of junk. i had my 65 chevy impala SS stolen from me. i still want to work over the guy that stoled it and that was 20 some years ago. hate a thief.
he must have been not to smart. if going to steal a boat it would not be a $300 boat.wouldbe triton, ranger etc.:wink:

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Someone backed up on my carport, hooked up to mine, and took off 12 years ago. Guess they where in a hurry and did not fasten the hitch. Boat was setting in the road at the end of the drive when I came home, guess it bounced off the ball when they hit the bump at the end of the drive. :up:

·
Registered
173 Posts
last year me and a buddy were running lines on grand lake. We got hungry but we were cathcing fish. We decided that I would drop him off on the bank and he would run into town and get us something while I stayed with the lines. He was gone forever, so I decided to go to the bank and check on him. when I go there I found out that when he was driving off from the landing a Sheriff's Deputy stopped him and asked why he was leaving the lake with a trailer and no boat. He told the guy the story, but the Deputy was hesitant to believe him because the truck was registered to him and the boat trailer was registered to me. The Deputy asked him a line of questions and he said in the end apologized for holding him up. The Deputy also told him that they had boat trailers and boats stolen from Grand lake all the time. Niether me or my buddy was mad. I was glad that, even though it's his job, the Deputy took time to investigate when he saw something that looked suspicous. It held us up a minute but it could have saved somebody from having a real bad weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.