ESPN game cam

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Dec 27, 2010.

1. why is it no matter what time I check the espn game cam there is always deer there. :banghead: It makes me sick. I need to figure out how to make deer come out in the daytime. It would sure be nice to see a deer with light to shoot him or her. Curse you espn game cam you tease me CONSTANTLY.

2. lowellarcher

lowellarcher Well-Known Member

It definitely makes sense. They keep their feeders a safe place for the deer. No one is hunting there.

3. there will be if I can figure out where it is :fit:

4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Deer hit my feeder behind the house all times of the day. I was home all day Sunday. I noticed deer there all morning, 1pm, and again in the evening.

Lowell's right. It's because they feel safe there. I've hunted that feeder twice this year. Feeder's are great hunting tools, but they're not a magic bullet. Just like any other stand, if you over hunt it or hunt it sloppy, the deer will figure you out.

I started bowhunting 1996. I hunted HARD for years. In 2001, I was in college, and I broke my wrist in a freak accident involving a handle of Crown Royal, an empty beer keg, and a concrete floor. Luckily, I got the cast off just in time for gun season. I was absolutely amazed how many deer I saw that year because I hadnt been trampling the woods down for the prior month and a half. Since then, I try to hunt SMART.