Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I didn't see any recons...it's a 250cc....where'd ya see it?
I thought maybe e mail the place and see.

John I am not familar with the recon engines but I tried to find a manual online. I have a bunch but not the recon.

Take a picture of your problem and lets look.
I have fixed some pretty tough things before..............and I have made some worse:razz: :thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought maybe e mail the place and see.

John I am not familar with the recon engines but I tried to find a manual online. I have a bunch but not the recon.

Take a picture of your problem and lets look.
I have fixed some pretty tough things before..............and I have made some worse:razz: :thumb:
Motor is toast....you can't replace the rod bearing like you can on a harley...ya gotta have a big press to put the crank together...and it hasta be right or it won't balance..the two journal halves are each pressed on a single pin the rod has a complete circle and not a cap you can remove...so it hasta be on the pin when ya put the crank together....but you're wasting your time because you'll tear up the whole stinkin mess trying to get it apart to replace the pin and crank...so you're at the mercy of the Honda shop for the price of the whole unit! Shew:smack:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Motor is toast....you can't replace the rod bearing like you can on a harley...ya gotta have a big press to put the crank together...and it hasta be right or it won't balance..the two journal halves are each pressed on a single pin the rod has a complete circle and not a cap you can remove...so it hasta be on the pin when ya put the crank together....but you're wasting your time because you'll tear up the whole stinkin mess trying to get it apart to replace the pin and crank...so you're at the mercy of the Honda shop for the price of the whole unit! Shew:smack:
To bad john..........if I hear of one I'll let ya know.

·
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep bumpin me up to the top though....outta 6,000 plus members...somebody has what I need!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
John I found this on ebay.

http://www.johnsonsatv.com/Contact Us.asp

In Judsonia......near searcy.

On Ebay they had a bunch of parts.

email them or call and who knows.

I am calling tommorow about some parts I need.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/JOHNS...fsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ5QQsaselZ9628706QQsofpZ0

Johnson is a real good guy. His place is located right on the highway there in Jud. That is wear I go to get all of my parts for Honda 300 4- WHLER and Honda Rebel 250 motorcycle. If this guy doesn't have it he can get it! :thumb:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Johnson is a real good guy. His place is located right on the highway there in Jud. That is wear I go to get all of my parts for Honda 300 4- WHLER and Honda Rebel 250 motorcycle. If this guy doesn't have it he can get it! :thumb:
Thanks BUCKSHOT..........I need parts bad .........see my post over in the atv type area

·
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm giving up on fixing this thing...anybody needing parts gimme a PM!

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,170 Posts
I am in need of a Yamaha 350 Need the starter housing if anybody knows of one that is junked. 4 stroke eng.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
John, I wouldn't give up on the little girl just yet. There's a place in El Dorado that might have what you are looking for. He's usually got a bunch of used and parts bikes at his place and most of what he deals with are Hondas.
Also, I've seen a Recon somewhere in town that is on blocks with the rear end removed. If I can remember where I've seen it, I'll try to stop and ask about it. Also, if you haven't check the Service Honda website, you might want to. They usually beat the prices of other Honda dealers by quite a bit on parts.
My wife has a Recon and they are fun little rides so I'd hate to see you give up on yours.
Right now I've got my eye on a Grizz 660 that the owner supposedly wants $1,500 for. If I can catch the owner at home then I might end up with a new toy. :biggrin:

·
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
......Also, I've seen a Recon somewhere in town that is on blocks with the rear end removed. If I can remember where I've seen it, I'll try to stop and ask . :biggrin:
Man if you could, that'd be really great....I may even throw in a finder's fee:wink:

·
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No need for that, John. Just make sure we get on the same team in the turkey hunting contest this year. :thumb:
I'm tellin ya right now....I would twist some arms...except it would not help:biggrin: these are about the most fair and above board dudes I believe I ever knew:thumb:

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
850 Posts
250 recon

If you want me to I can rebuild that motor. Not sure what all would have to be done to fix it with out taking it apart but I can do it cheaper than anyone else. Probley looking at between $800.00 to $1200.00 to totaly rebuild.

Thanks, I'm signed in under my friend you can contact me at 903-276-9847
Jimbo's ATVs
Foreman, Ar

·
56,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you want me to I can rebuild that motor. Not sure what all would have to be done to fix it with out taking it apart but I can do it cheaper than anyone else. Probley looking at between $800.00 to $1200.00 to totaly rebuild.

Thanks, I'm signed in under my friend you can contact me at 903-276-9847
Jimbo's ATVs
Foreman, Ar
Yep, that's what they told me at the honda shop....they said it would take a new rod, new piston, new gaskets, and a new crank pin, possibly new crank bearings. I have the motor sitting on the bench in my shop, however, I couldn't garantee my mechanicly incline sons haven't already robbed parts from it...so I'm in a pickle:smack: Don't think I don't appreciate it though....I'm thinking about cutting it in half and putting the front end onto my old big red 3-wheeler...it runs sweet:wink: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts