Ellis Johnson named DC

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by catdaddylong, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Ellis Johnson, DC for Miss St. is leaving and coming to Arkansas to take the same position Sylvester Croom reported today. Looks like Herring is out. I hope he gets a DC position at a school he will enjoy working. Rumors were that Texas A&M had hired Herring but he denied that last week.

2. CP

CP Well-Known Member

SA
    CDL, I kinda think Herring is pulling our leg just a bit.

Don't you think he has told the new coach that he has a job after the CB...or why in the world would it be announced now?

We don't need another game distraction the day before...:rolleyes:

3. CP, I agree that he is pulling the leg of the media. I remember when I decided to leave my job and seek another, I told my boss and everyone else the first chance I got to get out I was gone. At that time I had no other job lined up.I don't understand why these coaches don't just say ,Yea I was interviewed by __________ (Fill in the College) and they offered me the job and I'm gone as soon as I take care of some loose string that are hanging around hear unless Arkansas wants to give me the same salary increase that I will make plus the benefits. Remember Gary Blair the Hogs Women basketball coach. Texas A&M wanted him and he told Frank he would stay if he would give him the same pay that A&M offered and Frank told him to hit the road. Texas A&M womens team has been nothing short of great ever since. The Hog Womens program went into a death spiral until they hired the present coach who has them 14-0 and ranked 25 in the AP :thumb: