Elk farm at Center Ridge,Ar

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by jwalker, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

My father in-law told me other day they had hunts up there for cow elk and calf elk if I remember right it was 400 for calf and 600 or 800 for a cow I've seen this place of Sheepskin Rd. It's a farm kinda gotta high fence but I want some elk meat anyone know more about this???? Pm me if u do thanks

2. bow4me

bow4me Well-Known Member

I know their ought to be a law against it.

3. jwalker

Why? They got too many !! So why??

4. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

I would never hunt a high fence but what is the difference in elk or deer and a cow. You got no problem with cows being fenced in and taken to a slaughter house so what is the difference? You sell the cow or you sell a elk

5. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    cattle aren't sold as a hunting experience. myself, i would not get any satisfaction "hunting" in a high fence enclosure.

6. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

Sounds like good prices to me, hopefully someone can give us more info on the place like asked.

7. southpaw

southpaw Well-Known Member

Dang fellas, he didn't ask for your opinions he asked for information. I thought the reason you started a specific thread was to get input, information, or opinion, if asked, in the area or question specified!

8. jwalker

Yeah what he said ! It ain't hunting cattle it's cow elk duh!!

9. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

Last time I made a negative comment about high fence hunting, the admin guy pulled it. Upon reflection, he was right. To each his own.

I know CWD is much higher in penned cervids. I would worry about that.

10. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

The man who owns the ranch is a hispanic man named Reyes Salinas. I just looked in my Conway Co. phone book & it has his number listed as (501) 893-2530. I don't know Reyes personally but just are aware of his place from doing business in the area. I would tell you I think it would be a thing where if you just want some elk meat then you would be fine with it but don't expect any kind of hunt. I think it's a couple hundread acres & the elk are by no means "wild". Drive up close to them open the door of the truck & boom, there you go.

11. jwalker

That's all just elk backstraps

12. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

I have never elk hunted, but I have eaten fried elk backstraps. Must say they are very tasty!!!!!!

13. wesman1039

wesman1039 Well-Known Member

NEA
    Let us know when u get details.

14. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I'm not for the high fenced hunting, but if you wanted elk meat then go get some. Just remember your roots and what hunting is. Shoot it with a bow and a rage just to see what happens......

15. jwalker

Rages stay in store Im still shootin muzzys

16. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

I'm not judging you at all so don't take this wrong but is that legal? I mean I love elk meat and don't blame ya but just curious how that would work since they are traditionally a non native species and we have the permit hunts how does he get around the regulations on them are they like pets or what? Not trying to ruffle any feathers just curious?

17. jwalker

Yeah it's legal. The ones I saw from the fence wernt pets they ran off when I stopped the truck but idk I was just seein who knew about that place

18. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

he said he wanted meat....not to see an elk get exploded by a rage BH.:fit:

19. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

Elk is sure good:eating: