Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a motorcycle ride this morning I got up and left the house at 7am it was a nice ride to Ponca, I was hoping to see some Elk this morning but I had know Idea what at treat I would get... I saw a HUGE 7x7 with a pack of 30-35 Cow Elk, I got to watched for nearly 30 min everything from Semi -truck and a school bus to cars and motorcycles pulled over to watch.. He was about 100 yrs away.. :thumb:

· Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just south of the Ponca low water bridge about a 1/4 of a mile right along the river at the edge of the fields they love to hang in this area...I have Him on video but I dont have a very good camera...

I have seen Elk everytime I drive thru there Early in the morning..

· Registered
3,972 Posts
D33rhunt3r, I was there this morning on a red mule. There were 3 big bulls with the herd when I was there. One was just walking around and 2 were fighting. I was there when the sun was just coming over the top of the mountain...still foggy in the river valley, I don't take a watch when I go :) I had ridden up from Steel Creek. I saw a couple motorcycles but they may not have been you. A perfect morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.