Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to acquire a fairly decent amount of Eley subsonic hollow points, but I am thus far quite disappointed in their performance. Has anybody here had any good accuracy results from them? Has anybody found a rifle that will shoot them?

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
My CZ 452 Varmint shoots them pretty well, but not as good as I had hoped.
It’s ammo of preference is RWS HVHP.
The best groups I got out of the Eley SSHP was with a Browning T-bolt with a Varmint barrel. That rifle shot the Eley like I had hoped my CZ would.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
My CZ 452 Varmint shoots them pretty well, but not as good as I had hoped.
It’s ammo of preference is RWS HVHP.
The best groups I got out of the Eley SSHP was with a Browning T-bolt with a Varmint barrel. That rifle shot the Eley like I had hoped my CZ would.
My sons CZ 457 Varmit likes the RWS R50. Eley Match does an a good group but not as good as RWS. It also likes the CCI subsonic HP, I'd like to try some of their Clean 22 subsonic lead round nose.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
From experience, you never know what a CZ or for that matter any rimfire, which ammo they are going to like. Frankly, I haven’t had much luck with Eley HP subs. Most of my CZ’s seem to like SK standard plus pretty good. Some really good depending on lot#. Sometimes it gets very frustrating trying to figure it out....Just my jingle.

·
Premium Member
33,546 Posts
From experience, you never know what a CZ or for that matter any rimfire, which ammo they are going to like. Frankly, I haven’t had much luck with Eley HP subs. Most of my CZ’s seem to like SK standard plus pretty good. Some really good depending on lot#. Sometimes it gets very frustrating trying to figure it out....Just my jingle.
Need a Good Anstize Marlin or Anstize- Savage.
Lol..Shoot anything...

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
My 452 likes the Remington/Eley Target Rifle the best of everything I tried. I have almost a complete case of Lapua Midas and it comes in a close second but I paid much more for it. Shot some other Eley and a few I don't recall but I've not shot any SK or RWS as when I could put five shots in a group at 50 yards and have only one, ragged hole that was good enough for me. I was using the rifle for small bore silhouette, not the down to the microinch target shooting.

I wanted to try some Wolf MT but ran out before I got the rifle and have not searched for any in recent times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.