Electronic Coyote Caller

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by rtipton, Dec 30, 2010.

1. rtipton

rtipton Well-Known Member

LR
    Hey everyone...I, like a lot of people lately, am getting very interested in varmint hunting. So, I am looking at some different calls and would like everyone's opinion on a good one to get. I am mainly interested in the electronic versions, and found this one. What do you think? Does anyone have this one or would you recommend something else?

FoxPro Spitfire

(Sorry, cant post the link since I am new)

Thanks!

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

3. Almost any of them will work even a mp3 player and radio shack amp and speaker.I have a foxpro 416 that I have had for many yrs never had any trouble out of it.I recently was in the market for another one and after many weeks of trying to decide I once again went with the foxpro and this time got a scorpion.I just couldnt spend 450 to 500 bucks on a caller and the scorpion was $300 shipped.The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted 1 with a remote that and the compact size,50 calls with capacity for 200,2 ext speaker jacks so it can play 2 sounds at once,Now none of these features are unique to foxpro but considering I had good luck with the 1st one they once again got my money.Alot of guys on another board are having luck with a Flextone caller, 100 calls with remote for like $140 looks kinda cheaply made and there are no long terms reviews.But knowing what I know about Foxpro I would not hestitate to buy the spitfire Its a little low on features but will do everything you want it to do.They are $199 almost everywhere but u can find them on ebay for like
    $189 shipped

4. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site rtipton.:thumb: I have never tried the foxpro myself, but have heard good reviews on it.

Carl

5. rtipton

LR

6. rtipton

LR
    Great info...thanks! These are some options I never even thought of. The main features I originally thought of were 1. wireless remote 2. ability to handle many sounds/calls 3. Compact (relatively speaking)

7. rtipton

LR
    Thank you...looking forward to getting more involved. Looks like a great place to 'hang out'.

8. Dermott

Dermott Well-Known Member

FoxPros Work for Sure!

The FoxPro Spitfire and all FoxPro e-callers have a proprietary 24 bit sound and it really works well. I have had two other brands of e-calls in the past but they did not work nearly as well as FoxPros. The SpitFire is relatively inexpensive and comes loaded with, I believe, 24 calls of your choice which is more than enough for predator hunting. I suggest you have them put crow gathering, crow and owl fight, and dying crow instead of all yote and cat calls. This way you can take youngsters out and be assured of a fun experience for them "...poor man's wingshooting..." and you will enjoy it, too.:up:

Enjoy!

Steve/"Dermott"