Electric cat!

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by catfish1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. catfish1

catfish1 Well-Known Member

Yall ever get caught in the lightnin? Seriously does anyone know what causes this... We've caught a few of these over the years... I had a guy tell me it was from game and fish shocking...

Attached Files:

• 172.jpg
      172.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
    • 173.jpg
      173.jpg
      File size:
      69.4 KB
      Views:
  2. lgoodson

lgoodson Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Never seen one like that :confused:

3. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

I have caught a couple from stock ponds like that. I don't think electricity did it. Probably just a deformed fish. They still ate good though.

4. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Strange cat.

5. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

hung out under a log too long.

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Birth defect.

7. zane

zane Well-Known Member

Scoliosis???????????? LOL

8. mudcat71726

mudcat71726 Well-Known Member

Caught a catfish similar to this two weeks ago on Upper white oak lake ouachita county agfc had been shocking earlier in the year:head:

9. fisherman505

fisherman505 Well-Known Member

That deformity is just a birth defect and it's just as well that you got the critter out of the gene pool. Every year, I'll catch three or four walleye that are deformed like that and I've always wondered how they get around to catch their food. And as someone else mentioned, the critters still eat good.

For three or four years, I used to go out with the F&G to do electric-shock surveys on walleye in Lake Norfork. We would shock up better than a hundred fish a night and near as I could tell, we didn't do them any harm. We would scoop them up in a long-handled net and put them in a holding tank and every 20 minutes or so, go in to the shoreline and do the survey and let the fish go. None of the fish were harmed.

One night, the biologist kept maybe 20 fish and the next morning, he took them to the local hospital and had them x-rayed to see if electro-shocking was causing any broken bones. He said they all passed with flying colors but I was still a bit miffed that he didn't invite me to the fish fry after that.

Cheers.....

10. tdavis2

tdavis2 Well-Known Member

Looks like a Government improved species:fit:

11. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

What, you mean like....crooked?:fit::razz:

12. 12gaugeshotgunman

12gaugeshotgunman Well-Known Member

as a politition

13. Kind of freaky look'n :eek: