El Gobbleros

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by pruitt76, Dec 21, 2010.

1. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

There are about 8 or so in this group. We also have a pretty big group of hens running around this year as well.
    [​IMG]

2. pruitt76

I've only turkey hunted once in my life (last spring). We got on one but couldn't get him to work. We have a lot more birds on our place this year since it's not under water. I'm hoping to try again this coming spring and maybe get a crack at one of these boys.

3. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

Good luck! awsome thread title btw :fit:

4. MAKES MY STICKER, PECK OUT!:thumb:

5. T-n-P

T-n-P Well-Known Member

what are those mounds on the treeline, spoil?

6. pruitt76

There is a man made creek/drainage ditch that runs thru our lease. I really don't know the story behind it but those mounds are the dirt that came from that ditch. There are some pretty good size trees growing thru some of the mounds so it has been there a long time.

Brian

7. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, pruitt76. Got a couple of nice ones on my camera. Tried getting on them a couple of times season before last and the season before that. Trying to teach myself. Learned everything I know about deer hunting from my dad, but he doesn't turkey hunt. Says it's too hot! I suck on all the calls so I'm not surprised none of the turkeys have come in. lol