Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The areas we have been hunting over the last couple off years like most success depends on water level from rivers flooding......this year has been an odd year it seems ducks are moving east to west in our area and not up and down....we had really good hunts last thursday and friday.....then saturday and sunday its like the ducks just vanished.....no one north of south was seeing them but 20 miles west said more ducks than they have had all year.....i think it has something to do with the spurts of mild weather......just wanted some thoughts on the day to day local movement of ducks from you fellas

· Registered
180 Posts
From what I've gathered from some of your other posts, I think we're hunting in the same area madduck. The birds seem to trade back and forth between rest areas in that area now, which I think is what's causing the east/west movement instead of moving up and down the river like they used to. That still doesn't explain why they wouldn't be following the water downstream now that its falling out though. There were a lot of fields that were flooded deeper than puddle ducks usually like, so they may be using those now that they're back to a more manageable depth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.