Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I’ve been getting some practice in for the fall. Switched from shooting the gap method to a more instinctive method, and I’m liking my groups a little better now. Of course these are some of my better groups, I would be ashamed to post a picture of some of my groups.
Plant Balloon Musical instrument Hat Grass

Plant Sleeve Grass Musical instrument Flag
This monkey just needed an ear piercing, I guess.😁
Head Vertebrate Organism Grass Art

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Tire Plant Wheel Wood Art
ok let me add this caveat, I’ve never really bow hunted and I really don’t many people who shoot traditional, so I’m really green and trying to learn on my own.
The pic I posted a few days ago is after going to a local bow shop and shooting the way he showed me, in the past I’ve been just trying to get them in there at 10 yards. The way he instructed me was to pull down below my jaw line and lower my head, line up the tip and release. Ok so I’m hitting the target most of the time, but not a high percentage in the kill zone.
Last night I started watching Clay Hayes videos. I’ve watched them in the past, but a lot of things didn’t really make sense because I didn’t understand some of the terminology. The way he shoots with bringing the arrow just under my eye, seems to make more sense, so I’ve been working on that this morning and this pic was my best group after shooting about 5 rounds. I know I’m having issues getting my elbow down and my shoulder back.
I feel like this group is a lot tighter, not as tight as I’d like to be obviously, but a better group nonetheless.
Plant Bag Tree Basket Art

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
View attachment 321101 ok let me add this caveat, I’ve never really bow hunted and I really don’t many people who shoot traditional, so I’m really green and trying to learn on my own.
The pic I posted a few days ago is after going to a local bow shop and shooting the way he showed me, in the past I’ve been just trying to get them in there at 10 yards. The way he instructed me was to pull down below my jaw line and lower my head, line up the tip and release. Ok so I’m hitting the target most of the time, but not a high percentage in the kill zone.
Last night I started watching Clay Hayes videos. I’ve watched them in the past, but a lot of things didn’t really make sense because I didn’t understand some of the terminology. The way he shoots with bringing the arrow just under my eye, seems to make more sense, so I’ve been working on that this morning and this pic was my best group after shooting about 5 rounds. I know I’m having issues getting my elbow down and my shoulder back.
I feel like this group is a lot tighter, not as tight as I’d like to be obviously, but a better group nonetheless.
View attachment 321102
Clay Hayes is one of the best out there on how to shoot a trad bow. Most of what I know about shooting I’ve learned from him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.