Early hole runners!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by thal212, Dec 16, 2010.

1. thal212

thal212 Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br

Beware of Longbell turnaround this weekend. I got a tip that the GW will be there. Supposedly some folks are tired of the early birds walking in at 2am. No, I didnt call, I dont have a problem getting my hole. I got a 6'4 gorilla that walks 6mph goin after it each morning. Not many ppl can outrun Dwill in the woods.

2. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

i heard the same thing but not a longbell. just heard ppl have been driving in and dropping a man off and driving back out. and i guess now the GWs are out there wating for ppl with night vision. just hear say though. who knows

3. :banghead:Not Longbell area! :banghead: Damn GW's

4. bub270

bub270 Active Member

not a duck hunter but what is wrong with getting there early to get a hole or is there a certain time you have to wait?:head:

5. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

I did several walk in hunts at longbell last year and was check nearly everytime on the trail somewhere. usually right after the walking bridge at the first parking lot. You'd be walking in single file totin decoys and guns and green jeans would just pop out of the woods. Freakin sucked bc you were all loaded down for a 2 mile walk and had to drop everything and stand there for 15 minutes while they check all your shells and stamps and birth certificate and conduct a friggin rectal exam :banghead:

6. derk8586

:fit::fit::clap: i hear that! i dont know if i ever been in the meto without getting checked

7. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that I've been checked more times than I haven't

8. Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

Why warn everyone of a possible sting?

9. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

Good point, criminals always tip their hands. :biggrin:

10. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

Could it be deception? Could this in fact be an Internet ploy to deter others from an advantage of early entry, thus in the process opening a wide, unopposed lane to the honey hole. Think of it as the offense line has just opened a massive hole for the running back, or in this case, the hole runner. Of course this could all be legit, which if that's the case, hole run at your own risk I say!!

11. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

i was out there at 230 this morn....didnt see a thing but herd somthing so i took off running

12. ducksoup

ducksoup Well-Known Member

I have never seen a gw early in the am at BM or anywhere else.. Always see them on the way out...

13. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

We got a plane rented and r gonna parachute in at 3 lol

14. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Did anybody get hit this morning?

Don't know about longbell but my buddy got checked at buckingham today. He was running late and that saved him some money.

Sure am glad I aint mad at ducks that use the public shooting grounds.

15. Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

That did cross my mind, but I frequently question the intelligence of those that post this type of blather.

16. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I've been checked on the way in and on the way out by the same wardens. They thought "we got 'em this time boys" :fit:

17. hoyt9958

hoyt9958 Well-Known Member

This morning we was walking in and about 100 yards off the trail a gw checked us. It took him about 30 minutes. He had to run a full investigation on each of us haha took about 30 mins. This is the funny part. one of the boys I hunt with forgot his licsense in the truck and the game warden was going to walk to the truck with him to look at it, 15 mins layer game warden and the boy is back have done made a complete circle. The game warden couldn't find his way out.

18. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

I just hope the hole runner can outrun the GW, equipped with night vision, through the dark woods when he hears the dreaded "Hey boy!!!". That's why I would suggest sending in two runners, one being a decoy. If that don't work I like the parachute idea.

19. derk8586

i guess i lucked out this morning. i was at buckingham and didnt see a GW. i think this is the first time i havent been checked at the metro.:fit:

20. derk8586

x2 KNock on wood.:biggrin: