Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Grand Member
17,417 Posts
Friend of mine killed one the last day of Dec. It had already shed one side when he shot it and the other one fell off when he went down after the shot.

· Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
A lot of bucks shed mid-December this season around here. Some of the smaller bucks are still carrying both sides though. Last year I was hunting a good 9 point and he started showing back up before the Christmas hunt. I was off the second day of the hunt and he shed the night before I could go, after I checked the cam the night before. One side of his sheds was laying there in front of the stand...

· Registered
694 Posts
i arrowed a big 8 yesterday evening and his horns were very much intact...we drug him by them and picked him up to the truck by his horns......seems like here around stuttgart we are still a good 3 weeks out (or at least on my place anyhow)

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buddy of mine lives couple miles down the road just sent me a pic of a 8 pt shed he found this morning. He was checking his game cam and had two pics of the buck 10 minutes apart. One with the horn one without, so he knew it was close. He went and looked, and it was about 10 yds out in the woods from his cam. Pretty good one to. Time to get the horn traps out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.