EAFT fur sale

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by jackiereed, Mar 5, 2017.

1. jackiereed

jackiereed Well-Known Member

Hazen
    DATE: 18 MARCH, 2017
    PLACE: WATTENSAW WMA CLUBHOUSE

Due to the decline in fur prices expected for this coming season the EAFT Executive Committee has decided to suspend our Annual Fur Sale Auction AND INSTEAD have a general fellowship with FUR BUYERS attending to deal FACE-TO-FACE with those member wishing to sell their season's catch.

This action was taken to help reduce the cost of doing business to our members and the organization.

For our members - NO SALES COMMISSION will be collected (usually 5.75% of total sales) for this event). That will save our members about $0.06 on every dollar they receive for their fur sold. It will also reduce the expense to the organization for hosting the event...i.e...facility rental and paying a formal auctioneer.

All fur sales that day will be made in Face-To-Face transactions with the Fur Buyers who attend.

earl blevins likes this.

2. johnsmith

johnsmith Well-Known Member

How many buyers coming?

3. jackiereed

Hazen
    Not sure. 5 last year.

4. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

AGFC will be there around 730 to tag cats and otter

5. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

6. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

Yes what did the stuff bring? Mine is on its way to NAFA.

7. jackiereed

Hazen
    I guess I can answer that.

1 buyer showed up. Me.
    It started slow. At 10. I had bought 9 otter 2 green beaver and some assorted junk. Before the day was up I had 400 plus green beaver $5 avg. 60 dry beaver $9.66 avg. 25 or so otter. $25 avg. 2 cats $30 avg. Plus the assorted junk. Turned out being a good sale.

earl blevins likes this.
  8. jackiereed

Hazen
    I guess I can answer that.

1 buyer showed up. Me.
    It started slow. At 10. I had bought 9 otter 2 green beaver and some assorted junk. Before the day was up I had 400 plus green beaver $5 avg. 60 dry beaver $9.66 avg. 25 or so otter. $25 avg. 2 cats $30 avg. Plus the assorted junk. Turned out being a good sale.