Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any good reports threw out the state!! its not looking good for the first half of the season!! just wondering whats going on in the state!! this is the waterfowl forum!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Heard some good reports on the Cache north of I40. Only reason I let that out is because I dont hunt there. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Bottom line is weather is killing us this year. Currently we are in what they call a zonal flow in the upper atmosphere. (Jet Stream) This means that we will not recieve those artic air fronts plunging south. These are the fronts that push ducks not the fronts from Pacific. We will continue to see tiny migrations until the atmosphere breaks down and pushes cold canadian artic air south.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Weve killed ducks all season. Some days better than others, but most days we have been able to get high flyers to break with very loud hail calling (Stuttgart style).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bottom line is weather is killing us this year. Currently we are in what they call a zonal flow in the upper atmosphere. (Jet Stream) This means that we will not recieve those artic air fronts plunging south. These are the fronts that push ducks not the fronts from Pacific. We will continue to see tiny migrations until the atmosphere breaks down and pushes cold canadian artic air south.
the artic front we need will come threw in feb!!! lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Green Colorfulness Yellow Red Photograph
Colorfulness Blue Green Yellow Red

Weatherman, where are you? We need your some knowledge and insight into the possible weather patterns north of AR for this coming month. As you can see there are still a ton of birds holding up north and

we need some snow and really cold temps up there to push them down here. Some of the reports are mostly good and some bad but they both tell a story as to what the birds are doing and where they are

headed. Please tell us what you foresee, good or bad....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Go to the Missouri Department of Conservation - they are holding a ton of ducks - lots of food we need a big weather system with significant snow - I am heading to MO tonight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts