Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the diesel being so high this year how many folks are going to be pumping water? I just hope it rains a lot, I don't know about the wma's being pumped a lot either, not sure about that. What do ya'll think. I know it's early, but pretty well it's august, 3 months and it's season. Can't wait. :up:

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Some areas up and down the White River will not need to be pumped they are flooded and huntble right now.
We have two old sloughs, that are normally bone dry this time of year, and we plant them in wheat, behind the levee...both are huntable right now, due to the flooding this spring.....if we get any substantial rain between now and season, for the first year in a long time, we'll have two pretty good duck holes...if the ducks will come??

·
Super Moderator
10,882 Posts
Right now a couple places we hunt has enough water to hunt right now. Im sure the beavers will have it dammed up enough to stay good and flooded.

We have two old sloughs, that are normally bone dry this time of year, and we plant them in wheat, behind the levee...both are huntable right now, due to the flooding this spring.....if we get any substantial rain between now and season, for the first year in a long time, we'll have two pretty good duck holes...if the ducks will come??
They should come for that area i would think. I no Josh was tellin me sunday bout the river down there is still up quite a bit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Since gas is high maybe I won't see so many Georgia, Texas and Alaska license plates at felsenthall this year. They are usually the ones who start trouble cause they don't know what in the heck they are doing and end up ruining everybody elses time. was I ranting, sorry

·
Registered
884 Posts
this will be very interesting diesel is outrageous, i know a few people around here with leases last year that were waiting for rain because they didnt want to pay for diesel, im thinkin a few of them might try to get more people in there lease to split the cost of fuel or keep it dry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.