Duck summer sausage

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by rusty, Dec 28, 2010.

1. rusty

rusty Well-Known Member

Herd of a guy around hot springs if you take Him duck breast he will make summer sausage out of it.. Is there any one closer to little rock that will do it?? And where is this guy located?

2. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Never heard of anyone that would do that, but that could be interesting. I have made jerky with some duck before but not summer sausage:head:

3. rusty

rusty Well-Known Member

Had some this weekend and requires alot of duck to make .. It was awsome!

4. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

got a good recipe for the duck jerky?

5. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

i live in Hot Springs. never heard of the guy unless its one of the deer processors around here. Id like to know though if anyone finds out.

6. kwackwacker809

kwackwacker809 Well-Known Member

7. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

McGhee Processing on Peeler Bend Rd, Benton, AR told me he has abd will mak it if I brought him enough duck breasts.

8. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried it with geese? I can go weekend warrior on some snows and kill 50 or 60, im not a big fan of eating them but making summer sausage out of them might not be that bad, and that way i can keep my ducks to grill.

9. fowlen

fowlen Well-Known Member

i just threw up in my mouth, a little..

10. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

i make deer summer sausage all the time, but never with duck/goose. i would bet it would be the same as deer meat though. i don't snow goose hunt, but i would be willing to make a batch if you can save up enough and we'll find out:biggrin: