duck price

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by arcountryboy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Whats the average price to mount a duck?

2. Justin n

Justin n Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>

Somewhere around $200

3. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

Wow thats kind of high IMO.

4. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

I've been getting mine done for $60 apiece. But that is mucher cheaper than the average. It's an older woman that lives nearby that only does a few per year and does pretty good work.

5. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I have a friend that does birds for 150. She does good work and will shoot ya straight.

6. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

where is she located?

7. shotgun wg

In Monticello Ar if u want I can pm u her number. She is very perticular on her birds she will keep workin with them till she gets them just right.

8. Deer_Stuffer

Deer_Stuffer Forum Sponsor<br>Member

Fyi

FYI For all that get Migratory birds mounted. Better make sure who ever mounts them that they have a current Federal Fish and Wildlife permit issued by the U.S. Wildlife service, because if they get caught and don't have the permit then you will never see your birds or money again. I don't do birds right now, because my permit is in the works.

This is just an FYI. :yikes:

9. shotgun wg

This is true. The friend of mine that does them is permitted and takes down all info. If not u can get ur butt in a sling.

10. Soupcansam

Soupcansam Well-Known Member

Just seems the better duck mounters are the ones that charge more. If its just a duck thenmaybe $60.00 is fine, but if you want the bird to last a long time and its some hunt you want to remember. I bey paying more will be cheaper in the long run.

11. shotgun wg

There is 60 bucks worth of supplies in a bird if a person gets the propper bodies, injection for feet, paint, mold for head, the $5 eyes and the other supplies needed. Price doesn't always reflect quality tho. I have seen $250 birds that looked terrible. Also some of the higher birds are also sent to other taxidermist by the one u chose. This will cause them to charge more so both get their cut.

12. Natgearman

Natgearman Active Member

The bitterness of low quality REMAINS long after the SWEETNESS of low price is forgotten !!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

13. Soupcansam

Soupcansam Well-Known Member

Some months ago I stopped in Natgearmans place. just looking around at taxidermist.
    I will say he has his stuff together on birds!! Some of the best I have ever seen.

So if the bird means anything to you get the best.

It cost noless to get the best!! He won some big award, well several awards. So his work is very good. He had a pheasent that was awesome.

I am going to get onefor him to mount, just flat good work.

14. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

I've always used my brother he's only 22 , but has been mounting ducks since he was 14. His work is excellent he's a prefectionist so to speak. It started as a hobby now its part time job when he's not at school. He charges a 150 for mounts.

15. duckboy32

duckboy32 Well-Known Member

Cabot
    lets see pics of some of these mounts.

16. shotgun wg

Will do as soon as she gets thru with mine. She is putting my sprig in the compition in a couple weeks. So will have pics then.