Duck migration

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by phowey, Dec 14, 2010.

1. phowey

phowey Well-Known Member

I have not been able to hunt this past week since the season opened back up. What is the word on the current migration? My dad says that there is a lot of frozen lakes in middle to northern MO and I know with the abundance of cold weather early the ducks are pushing hard. Any insight? Enjoyed the pics and stories of you guys who are hunting right now.

2. kwackwacker809

kwackwacker809 Well-Known Member

Ducks everywhere especially felsenthal.

3. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

Migration

I hunted Oklahoma and I can tell you it was on last weekend lots of birds moving through - time to whack em

4. theplayer

theplayer Well-Known Member

Ok

Yeah, I was at Oklahoma last weekend and there were a bunch flying there. There seem to be a few more in the river valley area now too.

5. oakfam

oakfam Well-Known Member

Howey- Lots of ducks everywhere. Be sure to let me know if you will be hunting this weekend.

6. GBacon

GBacon Well-Known Member

migration

I called the Cape Gerado MO Conservation Office on the 9th. Here's what the helpful lady told me.

Much of the northern MO conservation areas are frozen or beginning to freeze over.

Middle MO zone: 4 Rivers had 146,000 ducks, 2,000 geese, Shello Osage 15,000 ducks, Montrose, few ducks

South East zone: Duck Creek 25,000 ducks, 1,000 geese, 10 Mile Pond 46,000 ducks, 500 geese

Hopefully we begin to see them. I think some places in the state have been recieving them this week. Saw a lot in the air this Tuesday in Central AR.:up: