Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we are 9 days before opening day they’re all ready lining up :ROFLMAO:. I started noticing this the last couple seasons. Camping out in their vehicles days in advance. I think there’s a difference between putting effort in and being nuts. Anyone else seeing this already?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I see draw hunts on the horizon is what I see. Until you take away the competitive aspects of it, you will always have this type of ridiculous nonsense. It’s a way to prove your toughness for teenage boys these days. And that’s just not a game a full grown Man should be willing to engage in. The raping of all of our public ground by the mass hoards of invaders has got to stop. Unfortunately, like always, AGFC will be the last ones in the country to get on board, after it’s all already been ruined.

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
2,129 Posts
I see draw hunts on the horizon is what I see. Until you take away the competitive aspects of it, you will always have this type of ridiculous nonsense. It’s a way to prove your toughness for teenage boys these days. And that’s just not a game a full grown Man should be willing to engage in. The raping of all of our public ground by the mass hoards of invaders has got to stop. Unfortunately, like always, AGFC will be the last ones in the country to get on board, after it’s all already been ruined.
The AGFC wants to sell as many hunting licenses as they can. It’s what they do and they are going to keep doing it. This is a battle you won’t ever win. Don’t sweat it.

When I was younger, I had to be first too. There are ways to outsmart the masses. The trinkets and baubles the Duck Hunting Industry pushes actually make things worse later in the season. Keep your temper and wits about you when on public and outfit yourself to be highly mobile. Get real maps of the areas you hunt that have all of the geographical attributes and study them. Those attributes are the roadways for a Duck.

No one has any water this year. Brace yourselves, what water we have will be inunndated. We will see people like we have never seen. Be kind but keep to yourself. You don’t owe anyone. You have put in the time and work to find Ducks. They should do the same. These YouTube cowboys get their egos stoked by out of state conmen when they put the shysters on Ducks. Then the conmen put out videos “ teaching others how to hunt on public land “. 😂

Strangely enough, the best advice I ever received about hunting highly pressured public land came from a white-haired, seasoned, slender Game Warden who lives around Forest City. What he told me has been money. I don’t care how long you have been hunting, don’t be too proud to ask for help when you hit a dry spell.

Get out of the mainstream and don’t believe the staged stuff you see on YouTube. Less Mack’s and more McSwains. Less Bass Pro Shop and more Fort Thompson. When I started hunting and fishing with my father 53 years ago at age five, we brought our own lunch and made our own coffee. We had a few shells, one Duck Gun, one Deer Gun, brown Jersey gloves and a 2WD Pickup with a come-along. Simplify and go back to the old ways——old style calling, lose the bright’ shiney duck callers, wear a face mask, don’t take 50 yard shots, etc. You don’t need to outfit your boat like a Kansas City Pimp or a Times Square Christmas parade either. The most birds killed in my life ——- doves, Ducks, quail and pheasant have been taken with an OEM-Factory Flush-Modified Choke not a loud, obnoxious extended marketing gimmick that squeezes the steel shot pattern down so much the pattern is irregular or high or low or off to the left or off to the right. Save that $100 and keep your OEM flush modified choke greased after every third hunt. If hunt very tight spaces, a factory flush improved cylinder will work.

Be glad you can get up at will, use the bathroom at will, still hear, still see, still shoot a shotgun (some with afib cannot)———be glad you have the means to go. Many do not. Half of it is 90 percent mental.

·
Registered
209 Posts
what blew my mind is that the trucks at DD aren't kids, they're grown men that presumably should be old enough to know better. i don't know where they think they're actually going to go. the holes are mostly dry, but even worse there's not enough water in the boat run to float a boat with a mud motor. as of today, there's also two guys in line at the boat put-in on the upper island.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
They lined at White River Refuge last Thursday and made the road pretty dang tight for all the permit hunters.I guess someone complained and they moved out to the blacktop.GEEZ these were grown men as well from Mississippi,gues they had more vacation days than I ever did.

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
2,129 Posts
what blew my mind is that the trucks at DD aren't kids, they're grown men that presumably should be old enough to know better. i don't know where they think they're actually going to go. the holes are mostly dry, but even worse there's not enough water in the boat run to float a boat with a mud motor. as of today, there's also two guys in line at the boat put-in on the upper island.
They will be on YouTube giving instructions on how to hunt Public Land. The heck of it is, some of them will be underwritten by Benelli and other Duck Industry Companies. To the people who buy what these cats are selling: Bless Your Heart.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I bet they’re freezing there butt’s off sleeping in the truck them cold nights.Some of them rigs the other morning were frosted over so they weren’t running heat at night.Someone told me last year they had to stay with there vehicles. Would that not be considered camping or living temporarily on a wma/nwr? Which have designated camping areas.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I bet they’re freezing there butt’s off sleeping in the truck them cold nights.Some of them rigs the other morning were frosted over so they weren’t running heat at night.Someone told me last year they had to stay with there vehicles. Would that not be considered camping or living temporarily on a wma/nwr? Which have designated camping areas.
That's always been my thing with the whole situation... Can't they be ticketed for that? If nothing else, they have to go take care of business (if you know what I mean)... wouldn't that be littering?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's always been my thing with the whole situation... Can't they be ticketed for that? If nothing else, they have to go take care of business (if you know what I mean)... wouldn't that be littering?
Paper would be biodegradable so I believe that would be legal.Though I did see a similar situation on one of those game warden
shows were the people were told to leave cause they were making too big of a mess around the area. If they really wanted to push the issue I’m sure they could write a ticket.One told dad years ago he could find something to write a ticket for. What’s going to make them feel real stupid is after they have camped out there for 9-10 days they’ll be surrounded by shooting time.With no water their going to be packed in there like sardines.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts