Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a duck club that borders a very popular wma that has now conveniently come up with a property line that now claims an existing public hole. I'm talking like an 80 yards difference, with AGFC WMA signs on the original line and now they have ran a line that is vastly different. I know if it was a private land vs private land thing you can challenge it and it goes to court, but how do we handle a situation where it is on public ground? If I hunted it and got a ticket then I'm sure the burden of proof would be on me. I'm in the process of contacting the game and fish but we all know that will probably do absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
AGFC has been proven wrong with their boundary marking more than once and they have been encroached on as well. I don’t think who owns what matters in a line dispute. Both parties have to get a survey and then compare. If there is still a discrepancy, the surveyors try to figure out who is right and who is wrong. I suspect the AGFC will investigate the situation if it is brought to their attention.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not that is gospel, but have you checked the lines on OnX? They are usually pretty close.
Onx shows the property line being the original line. Every map of the WMA shows the line to be the original line. I have run a lot of lines being from a logging family and a few feet difference is usually the norm but literally 80 yards is just flat out land grabbing.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like more trouble than what’s it’s worth for this weekend. As the club will Miley be prepared for a fight. You could discuss with wildlife officer via the hotline. Report it to agfc. Specifically area manager if you can and hopefully they will be proactive.
Absolutely more trouble than it's worth! It just makes me mad about the fact that they just can move a property line 80 yards. The line was accepted by all until last year when for whatever reason the club wouldn't fire a shot and we would kill limits then jealousy got them and now they suddenly own the hole that was killing ducks last year.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let’s say property lines get figured out. What’s keeping them from walking 80 yards through woods and beating everyone to said hole before anyone from public side can get there?
Nothing other than the fact that last year they wouldn’t get there until daylight and set up 100 yards away from us.

·
Premium Member
21,360 Posts
Had a similar situation several years ago before onx ect. An old man gave me a map and told me about a pond that was on part of the management area. This pond was over 200acres and one of the corners showed to be on management area. Posted signs and gates and stuff showed different so I called wildlife and fish and said yes it’s wma and they were wanting to swap land ect. So I climbed the leave place was planted with Millet and flooded mallards and every other kind of duck by the 1000’s me and fil and another guy hunted limit in 10 minutes this went on several days. Well one day the land manger came to run me off and told him no it public land so I continued to hunt there. By the next year did the same then half way through season people everywhere out there in this tiny spot. We never told anyone but people found out. So third year rolls around and they drain the whole lake build a levee in the middle split it in half and then a small levee along the land line now the wma gets no water haha. Point of the story though I’d hunt it if you’re right and you want to hunt there. This was a 10 min drive from the house and I never even made a trip to my lease in lake village that year.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts