Duck Calls

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by rgwill, Dec 21, 2010.

1. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

These are a few i've made. I still am not good at it yet, but i'll get their.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

Dang good looking calls. What are you making them out of palastic or acrylic

3. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

These are cast acrylic......I've made some out of Cocobola, bodark, African black wood, bocote, diamondwood. My wifes sons takes them off faster than I can make them. I want to learn how to make the inserts. I still haven't made one of those yet. I've been putting echo inserts in them so far.

4. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

African Black Wood
    [​IMG]
    Other Wood Calls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Good looking calls rg you are pretty talented:up:

6. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

You dang right them look good. :up:

7. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

I've only been doing this about 4 months and alot of weeks I haven't done anything so I feel like I have a long ways to go for them to look good. I had over a month that I didn't feel like even walking out to the shop so i'm still learning.

8. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

loks ant everything,,but yes they look sharp

9. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

Your right...The call is probably 10% of it and the sound is 90%....I'm hoping I can figure that out as well. I didn't claim to be an expert on this. Just something to do here or there in the shop. I can only work at it a little at a time.

I probably will need help with the inserts. I probably won't even try till after christmas, but I will make them as well.