Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I like echo's so much is because they have the old fashioned insert. I have a zink canada call but it has the insert that looks like if you tried to take it apart and tune it then you would never be able to put it back together again.:head::smack: That's why I never got into the Haydal craze. Is that the way the zink duck calls are?

·
Registered
571 Posts
The reason I like echo's so much is because they have the old fashioned insert. I have a zink canada call but it has the insert that looks like if you tried to take it apart and tune it then you would never be able to put it back together again.:head::smack: That's why I never got into the Haydal craze. Is that the way the zink duck calls are?
No our duck calls are not made that way. If you are referring to the guts in your Canada Goose call then they are nothing like the duck calls. Goose call guts are designed and built totally different from duck calls. A goose call has guts a tone cup and a wedge that holds the reed in place and yes if you are not familiar with them they can be tricky to re tune once pulled apart.

The Zink duck calls have the traditional tone board and cork or rubber that holds the reed down just like Echo, RNT, or any other duck call maker.

I would recommend that you give the Zink PH-2 or PH-1 a try. Both are great calls.

www.zinkcalls.com

James
Avery Pro-Staff
Zink Calls Field Staff

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Averyhntr. I may give it a try. I really like my echo, but I was just wanting to give something else a try. I like to have a little variety. I really like my zink goose call.:thumb:

·
Registered
467 Posts
i have a zink ph-1 and aside from it stickin like crazy it sounds very ducky. i have also taken it apart several times and its like taken apart a RNT as far as simplicity. really good call but i havent figured out how to make mine not stick.

dan

·
Registered
467 Posts
i have a coco new old style rnt that i like better for in the timber. but that zink is great in the fields. i also have a gaston timber call that is great in the timber. i will run any of them in any place, the difference doesnt seem to bother the ducks. i think my next call will be the xr-2 that thing is very ducky.

dan

·
Registered
571 Posts
I own both the RNT and the Zink Calls now of course I blow the Zinks exclusively.

My preference of the Zink Calls is the original Power Hen. I like the XR-2 and it is absolute duck but it is a little different to blow. If you like it you should check out the new Double Mag. It is built just like the XR-2 just much easier to blow.

James

·
Premium Member
20,285 Posts
Well.........I use The Roy Rhodes calls, I've blow'n RNT, DC, Haydell, Buck Gardner and just about everything in-between and I've come to a great conclusion!...................It isn't the duck call

·
Registered
467 Posts
i agree with that quack but i also believe at least for me that the higher end calls do sound duckier. i still have some lower grade calls that i will never get rid of mostly sentimental reasons but i prefer the zink and rnt calls. man i cant wait till season. heard some snows above the sixth street walmart the other night, they sounded like they were just above the street lights. like my old buddy stan says about turkey hunting "i need a shot".

dan

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I say to each his own. There is a different call that fits every person better. I personally like the foiles and rnt calls. I have a RNT short barrel bois' darc call that has been on my lanyard for about six years now and is my go to call for bringing them in close. But I also have a foiles strait meat mallard that is a loud open water call and a strait suzy. For me those are the calls that i have the most confidence in. Once you learn how to blow the different styles of calls you will be able to blow most any call pretty good, then you will have to find the calls that best fit your style.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well.........I use The Roy Rhodes calls, I've blow'n RNT, DC, Haydell, Buck Gardner and just about everything in-between and I've come to a great conclusion!...................It isn't the duck call
AMEN!!!! I have an Echo which I love. The rest are DC which have served me very well. And I agree, you can have the best calls in the world but you've got to know HOW to call in order to be effective.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I just added a new call to my arsenal. it is a duck commander, jase's duck picker. So far the call has sounded awesome in the truck and around the house. I have really put it throught the ringer and it has yet to stick on me, but I haven't put it through a duck season yet. It is advertised to blow wet or dry, and normaly the DC calls hold up very well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I blow a Big Guy's Best

I blow a RNT and a Big Guy's Best. I like the call, and feel like it blows easy and sounds great... when it's not sticking. I also agree that any call can sound like a duck, I think it's the person blowing the call that makes the biggest difference. But BGB is a good call nonetheless, and I can't think of a reason not to get one.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I got my new call in today...its a Echo Timbre coco/clear. I f'in love it. I have been blowing the hell out of Quackheads the past month and a half, I have most of them, Rainmaker, Double J, J Frame, Timber, and a Primos Yo Sista. It was easier to learn on a double reed, but I really like the sound of a single reed, especially through the wood on the new Echo! I really loved how the Quackhead Timber sounded also.

·
Banned
991 Posts
i would tell you the secret and you'd never worry about trying any other duck call again......... but i won't everyone needs to learn for themselves. if everyone knew it wouldn't make it any fun for us that already know......just one hint it is a short 3 letter word. good luck:cool:

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
I've got the same Haydel call that I've had for years. It's the variable tone big barrel (black) with the DR-85 insert. I've got it tuned so I can put the "Cajun Squeal" at the end of each note. I don't believe in calling a lot, but when I do call, I try to make it count. I usually just hit 'em with a little whiny comeback call and feeding chatter......If that doesn't work, I shut up and kick water....:up:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.