duck call

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by bowhunter01, Dec 27, 2010.

1. bowhunter01

bowhunter01 Well-Known Member

well im new to duck hunting and want to learn how to duck call. ijust bought a cheap call to learn with. buck gardner double nasty 2 any tips on how to duck call would be greatfull thanks.

2. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

That double nasty 2 is a good one... It's pretty easy to blow... Did it come with an instructional cd?

If so, USE IT!

I think the duck commander sells a video teaching how to call... If so buy it.

Practice, practice, and practice some more... Blow it when you drive...

3. zpenter

zpenter Well-Known Member

look at this

the duck call dictionary by kent cullum the product # at macks is HOBDD and the rnt duck calling cds are good to you have to practice every day :up:

4. bowhunter01

no it didnt come with a cd but im practicing alot and thanks for the info.

5. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

look on YouTube

6. trophy_Hunter_22

trophy_Hunter_22 Well-Known Member

nwa
    i bought that same one when i started and that tape played on repeat for a month...

7. bowhunter01

ive looked on youtube they tought me what to say in the duck call but im hearing alot of people say its gotta come from your diaphram and im having a hard time figuring that out.

8. Hobokane

Hobokane New Member

The sounds u are wanting do come from controlling the air from your diaphragm.. Think of it as blowing hot air on a window to fog it up.. Now do the same thing into the call starting out just do quacks THATS ALL till u get them down as everything duck comes from a quack.. Also I would recommend the Duck Dictionary DVD from Kent he is one of the best at what he does and his DVD shows how he makes every sound a duck makes

9. archeryman.501

archeryman.501 Well-Known Member

just go to where there is live ducks and listen and do what they do. That is how my dad taught me to call. Listen and watch when they call and when they do not call. If you do what live ducks do, you cannot go wrong. Thay are the best teacher.

10. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

i have one that is either the double nasty or the fowlmouth, i cant remember, but it is the "duckiest" sounding call i own. had a hen on the water a hundred yards or so from us the other day, and it sounded just like her. start out with the basic quack, one note. once you get that right, you can start linking quacks together and work on your cadence.

11. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

Practice, Practice, Practice.

12. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Rick Dunn has duck calling school at his house in Beebe every Tuesday night .

13. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

youtube has some good videos... i showed my son one of a dude sitting in a recliner, he can make a duck call sing and he goes into detail on the "how to's"

if you can find it let me know and i will... he has a bunch of goose call instructionals too.

14. clane72286

clane72286 Well-Known Member

Had a buddy I've hunted with for 11 years and he could not call ducks. He just set out last year and decided he would learn he practiced every day and now he is the best sounding out of all of us