Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow duck hunters/fishermen:

I have been wanting to get a boat for quite some time now. I would like to duck hunt and fish out of the same boat. Some of the duck boats I have been looking at are the War Eagle 548 & 648, Excel 1651, and Sea Ark Cast and Blast 150. Those are the only ones that I can think of, I am sure there are more manufacturers out there that I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone have any pros and cons against these boats? Or any other similar boats like these on the market? What is the best deal when it comes to the price and accessories for these boats? Like pop-up blinds and other aftermarket products? I haven’t decided on what kind of motor would be best either. Thanks for your help!:flag:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Take a look at the triton camo boats. They look sharp and will out fish every boat you listed. They are a little wider so aren't great for manuevering in timber. For Hunting you can't beat the 15 ft War Eagle. I have one with a 25 yama. 4 stroke. It will get it. It is great for motoring around trees and stobs.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I have a 17 ft War Eagle that has been an excellent boat. It is unbelievable how shallow of water I can go through. I have a 90 horse Evinrude on it and use it more for fishin than hunting but I have been very satisfied with it since I bought it back in June of 98. It is big enough to handle rough water yet still small enough to go through jettie brakes on the Arkansas River to get to the Honey Holes. A friend of mine has a Triton and it is nice too. Both are extremely well built boats.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had a 14ft Express with a merc 25hp on it. I kick myself every day for selling it, but family comes first. There is nothing negative to say about it. With a 25hp 2- stroke it would flat out run, and get up on plain faster than any boat I have seen of the same size and motor. I hunt alot of 25hp only places, so it was great for me. For fish/hunt if you have no restrictions my buddy has a 16ft Express thats great to fish out of and hunt. But it is a little sluggish with a 25hp on it.

·
Member<br>'08 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner<br>'
606 Posts
I have a g3 1548 w/ a 40hp 2-stroke and it will flat out run, the only drawback is it dont cut as good as a war eagle during high speeds the runners on the bottom are not as long and that is why. other than that it is a pretty good boat.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
War Eagle, F&F, G3, SeaArk, Duracraft and Express all make nice boats that can pull double duty hunting and fishing.
There's been a nice looking camo Express here in town. It's got a 40 horse Yammy and I believe it's a 16 footer.
If I was doing much fishing and had the money I'd sure like to have it. Right now though I'm saving up my money for a zero turn mower. Maybe then I can cut down my mowing time enough that I'll have some spare time for fishing.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I have an X-Press 1756 duck boat camoed out with an Avery Blind and 75h.p. Mercury on it. If your interested in something like this i would call Billy Huddleston at Commercial Warehouse in Arkadelphia. I looked and priced for months before i got this one fully loaded with everything i wanted on it including trolling motor, depthfinder, and gunbox. I was just like you..i wanted something to fish out of and duck hunt on the river and big lakes. I have had it for about 8 years and still wouldn't trade it for anything. X-Press is right up the road from him and they don't charge him any freight for delivery which usually is $1500.00 to $2000.00. So i got an awesome deal and they custom built it for me.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
They say the two happiest days of a boat owner is the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it. I had a wonderful custom made boat that was great for fishing and duck hunting. It was an AllWeld boat buil in Alexander, Ar. Mine was a 16/48 with 20 inch sides and I ran a 25 Yamaha 2 stroke. I made a portable frame out of conduit that you could assemble and attach camo netting to it. I won an award from Waterfowler Magazine with my design. I sold the boat because I started hunting a leased rice field and then timber. It was a great boat but I sold it because it was just sitting there and not being used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.