Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I’ve hunted with guys who heard it from birds that I’ve shot so I know they were drumming. I just can’t hear it.

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
I think I’ve heard drumming once! It was probably 100 yds away! I ignorantly walked up on him. He was a big’un too! I wish I could hear/understand the spit n drum sound.

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
invest in a good pair of walker game ears. you'll hear sounds you never heard before. you can hear a mouse fart at 100yrds,LOL
Have tried em..Can't pinpoint the Direction.
Last year I heard him Gobble ,Heard him Drumming..Saw his tail FEATHERS..

Never saw his head......Never again.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My FIL tried the walker game ear years ago he could hear real good with em, but just couldn't figure out the direction of the turkey.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Maybe they make them better now days, don't know. My FIL used them prolly 30 yrs ago. Then again it could have been his hearing.

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
Thought I was going to beat Blackfoot bad Squirrel hunting with the Game ears..
Not..I could hear the Squirrel couldn't locate them..
Was pretty Deep in the woods..
Big block..My way of getting out was a Train..that ran through every little bit..
I started towards the sound of the train..
I walked and walked 20 minutes no road no train..
Took the game ear out..I was walking away from where I needed to be..a long ways...

Bad at Getting turned Around..Wont do that anymore..

Diabetes is getting my eyes and ears..
Nerve Damage...

I need something...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Big block..My way of getting out was a Train..that ran through every little bit..
Took the game ear out..I was walking away from where I needed to be..a long ways...

Nerve Damage...

I need something...
i have the ultimate power muff from walker game ears. i've roosted turkeys, heard deer walking and even a few sounds i couldn't identify. i can zero in on the sounds by turning my head 90 degrees to one side or the other. i too have the same problems as you do.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My uncle wears em and said in his experience wherever the sound appears to be coming from it’s actually 90 degrees to the left of where he thinks it is. Found this out on several gobblers that he swore were just fixing to step out in front of him...only to catch a glimpse of em out of his left eye immediately to his left

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

Nerve Damage...

I need something...
You got out of the woods by holding on to my pockets.....

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
My uncle wears em and said in his experience wherever the sound appears to be coming from it’s actually 90 degrees to the left of where he thinks it is. Found this out on several gobblers that he swore were just fixing to step out in front of him...only to catch a glimpse of em out of his left eye immediately to his left
Cost me 2 Turkeys...

·
Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner
10,505 Posts
I love to hear a drum. That’s most often the time you feel the deal is about to be sealed.

But in my opinion, hearing that first gobble on a cool, crisp, dead-quiet, windless morning in Missouri is second to none in the woods.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts