Droid X powermat

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jjarvis0007, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Anybody have a powermat for the droid x or maybe even an iphone? Was wondering if they are worth the money or not.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

I have a Droid X, but have no idea what a powermat is? :head:

3. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

I have seen the powermat but I don't have one.

The idea is that you just lay it (phone, camera, etc.) on the mat and it will charge your batteries if rechargable. It uses the Faraday principle of electric transmission if I remember correctly.

There are other items like this now that can attach to the back of TV and other items that draw power through the wall and it's wiring, but no power wire is plugged in. Going to be an interesting decade. This is stuff that Nikola Tesla was working on in the early 1900s but people thought his tech was to far advanced and scared them.

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I've seen them and have thought about getting one and trying it out, just haven't done it yet.

5. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Don't have one, but from what I understand, you slip an adapter onto the back of the phone then lay it on the Mat to charge......for Iphones, if you have/use an OtterBox....then to charge, you would have to remove it (OtterBox)...don't have a Droid, so I don't know about cases for them.....

6. twilightstalker

twilightstalker Well-Known Member

I have a droid but dont have one for it. However we have one for the controllers that work the Wii game console. It works great! just lay the controllers on it and they stay charged up!