Droid or Iphone?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by btech29, Dec 17, 2010.

1. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Whats the difference between Droid and Iphone. Is one better than the other? I need a new phone and I use Verizon. I heard they are gettin the Iphone after the first of the year. Is it worth the wait?

2. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Droid X! Its a mans phone. Huge screen plus tons of other cool stuff the iphone can't do. The camera is unreal.

3. btech29

I noticed the mega pixels was like 8. That pretty dang impressive. I dont want a touch screen only. I like the looks of the Droid Pro. It had a pretty big screen but still had the buttons for texting. Does the Droid do more than the Iphone?

4. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Droid X is hands above the I Phone! :up: I didnt want a touch screen only either. But then I learned it had voice recognition and never looked back. I "talk to type" now! :up:

5. jjarvis0007

The talk to type works great. Alot of apps are free for the droid compared to having to pay for the same apps on the iphone. The HD video camera and the HDMI output is real nice.

6. jjarvis0007

The droid pro is gonna be a real stunner. I bet its sweet

7. btech29

Is the size hard to get use to? It seems so big.

8. jjarvis0007

Im use to holding big stuff....

No its not hard to at all. Haven't got the otter box yet but its gonna be pretty dang big then I bet. I've got the body glove case for it with a screen protector and its still looks brand new

9. btech29

I was wondering how long it would be. :fit:

Do you think the Pro would be as good as the X? I really like the buttons for texting and dialing. Voice texting wouldnt be great in a treestand.

10. jjarvis0007

Yes its long and wide but it just feels normal. You don't have to just voice text. I think you can take it back within so many days if youre not happy with it.

11. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Love my iPhone I don't even use my home pc or laptop anymore. :up:

12. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

I'm a iPhone junky but a guy that helped me last week at work had a droid that thing was cool and the picture is awesome screen is huge but I still like my iPhone

13. ouachita

ouachita Well-Known Member

I switched from an iphone to a droid. I wouldn't go back to the iphone if for no other reason than the droids superior signal strength in my area. It's reception is awesome.

Add to that the customization options, hd video camera, google voice, and android market and you've got one awesome device. I consider it a small laptop computer.

14. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I love my iPhone, but it's the first "smartphone" I've owned so I can't say much other than, I have a buddy that has a droid and he seems to like it ok.

15. rogers arkie

rogers arkie Well-Known Member

Droid. Hands down is the better phone.

16. btech29

Well I got the Droid Pro. It is pretty firggen sweet. The screen dont flip is the only thing Im not sure I will like. The keyboard is nice and easy to use. So far so good. Im downloading angry birds. Coon was talking about it and the people at the store were too. I guess Im going to give it a whirl.

17. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Angry birds is sweet. Another one is called cut the rope. I have a HTC evo because I have sprint. Very similar to the Droid, 8 mp camera etc, I love it. The screen alone makes the iPhone look like childsplay

18. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

ive had my iphone for two years, and i love it. my buddy at work is on his 4th droid and he liked all of them until they broke...