Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drawn for the rex hancock Black Swamp gun hunt between Nov. 8-12. I was wondering if anyone has ever been there or hunted there and could tell me a little about it. Are there any hogs there? I know it is on the Cache river and is supposed to be excellent for ducks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Been hunting there many times...Ive personally never seen a hog or ever heard of one being seen but i aint gonna say they aint there....Used to hunt there quite a bit but havnt in a while, Me and my dad have killed several deer there (no monster bucks to speak of) but usually see deer...We got Mz. Loader permits for there so ill give you a report after our hunt...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Plenty of places to park and walk in...Not to say you wont find water but we've never had to boat around to find a place to hunt..It just depends on how much rain we get before then...You can just about pee and flood cache river...

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
If your hunting anything along the white river say from Wattensaw north you will have to watch the river levels and know when and where to go cause it will not take much more for the water to get up high enough to start closing areas off way before hunting season gets here

·
Administrator
90,592 Posts
I have hunted there several years ago, but not in the last 5 years or so. The last time I hunted there, when I was loading up at the ramp, a boat came in with a monster buck in it. It was a large 10 point with 2 additional drop points, one on each side. Each drop points were each probably 6 or 8 inches long. They finally got the deer out of the boat and to the check station scales. It was a 250# spring scale. When they hung this deer on it, it bottomed it out with a lot to go. This deer could have easily gone 300# or more. It looked like a horse in the boat!!

We saw lots of deer there. I never saw any as big as the one brought in, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.